Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Kit for Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit for Kids

Hi, I'm having to start again with my kit. But this time I've got a six year old in tow. He's about 120cm in height so getting a 3 meter match rod makes sense however. Where we plan to fish has a real mix bag one lake has small silver but is known for 6lb + Carp and decent size Tench. The other lake is silver only but very weedy I don't mind raking but...

I want to introduce him into Waggler fishing first as he's only six it'll keep him occupied plus if all else fails his keep net will be at least filled with Gudgeon off the drop. I'm stuck on reels really. Would you put a thicker backer on the reel first just in case? Good gear ratio for someone that young? Recommendations. Was leaning towards Dawia x Series???

For rod I was thinking about the Garbolino 3meter Rocket Carp rod at least we can share that way.

Any thoughts or advice must appreciated

ATB
    Alex
Working...
X