Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hook tie/hook lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hook tie/hook lengths

bin aving problems tieing me hooks. wots the best hook nylon that does not "pig-tail" when u use a hook-tier. i,m fishing for silvers, so say up to 2lb breaking strain. thanx.

What line have you been using? because it may be that you are putting the turns on to tight or even far too many, pigtailing is caused by friction so ensure that you wet the line before tightening up the knot.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

you need to be more gentle, useing power feflo might help

Comment

Try learning to tie them by hand... I use the overhand windmill knot taught to my dad by Ivan Marks - never had a pigtail ever in my whole fishing career and if it does break its the hook that goes not the line! With this knot I can even tighten up the whipping half way up the shank and cut the spade off the hook and the knot will never move.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I must agree with Brian, just try to be a little less heavy handed. But here are a few lines i use more of about this time of year,.
          G line, Silstar matchteam, Hercules, and Fox micro more recently. It doesn,t matter if you use a hook tier or tie by hand these will all pigtail in the finer diameters if your too aggresive

Comment

Working...
          X