Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Daiwa tournament 400 seatbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daiwa tournament 400 seatbox?

Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of updating my seat box and getting one of the above- does anyone have one? What are your thoughts? It needs to be good to take over from my milo. How sturdy is it? Is the wheel kit gonna replace my 4 wheel shuttle- which takes up too much space Imo.
    Or any other suggestions? Not going the rive route!
    Colmic aeron looks pretty good too- any suggestions?
    Cheers

http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/product...E-400-seat-box
    Last edited by paul k; 26 September 2014, 07:00 PM.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Paul, I've got a 400 and it's boss mate. Solid as a rock. Only downside is that it's very heavy and big. I use the wheel kit all the time with mine so in answer to your question you won't need a trolley with it, but have a go of it first before you sell your trolley. As I say, mine is superb. I've changed the legs to Rive legs and also I've removed the top half of box and had it converted to Rive trays as it gives you more scope with side trays etc etc. hope this helps.
    Regards
    Staffy.
    Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect!!
    Face your fears, Live your dreams.

Comment

i agree with the above ...only downside apart from weight and size is that there is no adjustment in height from footplate to seat ....as im 6ft 4 the only way to increase height is to add drawers or trays

Comment

Thanks guys- good point about the height John- I'm 6' 3". Is it pretty low as standard then? What rive legs did you use staffy? D25 or 36?
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

D25s Paul. If you convert the top to Rive trays you can make it as high as you like.

Comment

Any idea which preston inserts fit this box guys? I've ordered the box- damn the Internet! Lol
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Green as they are 25mm legs

Comment

Paul Nooooo what have u done!!
                U Judas we were Milo Brothers
                Oh mukka why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol
                If and when u do sell ur Milo don't take a penny less than £250-300 m8 that's their money all day long!
                Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

W
                  Originally posted by Staff Bull View Post
                  Paul, I've got a 400 and it's boss mate. Solid as a rock. Only downside is that it's very heavy and big. I use the wheel kit all the time with mine so in answer to your question you won't need a trolley with it, but have a go of it first before you sell your trolley. As I say, mine is superb. I've changed the legs to Rive legs and also I've removed the top half of box and had it converted to Rive trays as it gives you more scope with side trays etc etc. hope this helps.
                  Regards
                  Staffy.
                  And it fits in the boot of my car. Whooooooohoooooooo fat boy...
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Haha Spadger. Quality reply as usual.

Comment

The seatbox arrived today and first impressions are very good. Build quality looks extremely good. Nice big footplate- much wider than my milo footplate. Nice and sturdy and the wheel kit is as smooth as I've seen. Wether all my gear will fit on the footplate- only one way to find out. I'll be going out and getting some Perspex or wood to make draw dividers with tomorrow to customise it more to my configuration. Height wise it seems good for me- knees are nice and straight when sat on it. I'll keep you posted as to how i get on with it in use.
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

have you sold the milo?if not pm me how much you want for it,i have someone who may be interested..
                        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

nice box Paul had one couple of years now

Comment

Cheers sparky- I did wonder if it was the one you've got. Nice one mate
                            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

If your looking to divide the side cross drawers Paul the Rive 30mm dividers fit.
                              If I'm not mistaken Steve Ringer used these in his old 400.
                              Hope that helps m8
                              Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X