Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Young Guns Know More About Fishing Then Oldies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Guns Know More About Fishing Then Oldies

???

What you Think

???

Had to start somthing on here there all crackers on the chat box!

i think the young people get more upto date with the newest tactics hints and tips but the oldies have experience and they know wat works on wat water wen

Comment

This statement cant be true. The experience gained as the years roll by is priceless. It may be true that the young uns pick up new methods quicker though.

Comment

Its could be true,but at angling they can't be,that comes with expirience

Comment

I know I consider my self an old codger, but what do you recon is the cut off age between a young gun to an oldie.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

they think they DO

Comment

Altough there are many good old anglers there are also as many bad once that are stuck in there ways and think there doing right even if its a million miles away from the truth.

Comment

A bit harsh that comment, you have to realise that a lot of folk fish for fun.
                Constructive criticism is all well & good but just to have a pop because you disagree with how you've decided is right is the wrong way to go in my opinion.
                And by the way you seem to have ignored my question.
                Last edited by jethro; 19 September 2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Any young kids that think they can fish take yourself down to packington sommers and watch these old codgers fish.The ages range from 60 up to the 80's,and most are very good anglers.taking into account there impaired eyesight,lack of mobility etc,they are very very good.From method anglers to pole and pellet,paste,pellet wagglers etc they are masters of the various methods.Some of them are good enough and do beat the regular open anglers[which includes the likes of mick and tim bull,fish o mania].If you put the 6 top packington pensioners against 6 decent young lads then my moneys definately on the old uns.Which shows its very hard to beat experience.If you look in other areas the starlets vets are all over the country now,and id bet each branch has got some excellent anglers amongst them.
                  cornerstone.

Comment

I agree there are many good old anglers more but there are alot of bad ones

Comment

I dont think theres a cut off age it just depends how good you are.

Comment

What pedigree do you have Matt to call yourself a young gun ? because I see plenty of our young fishing fraternity that appear to struggle with basic methods.

Comment

i dident call myself a young gun nore did i say i was a good angler

Comment

It's like anything, there are youngsters that pick it up well and run with it, there are oldies that have picked it up and still running with it, there are middle aged people and women that do well fishing.....and then there are demmicks that couldn't catch a cold, of all ages. But it doesn't matter, as everyone still enjoys it.

Just because you might bag a few more fish on your local than an old boy who's just out to relax doesn't make you a world champ. Maybe he can't be bothered throwing a method out all day etc.....

As for getting stuck in certain ways, the technique the old boy is using will have caught him fish all his life, on all waters. Doubt you could say the same for some of the modern techniques used to haul thick young fish out of commercials...
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Matt by the posts you made on this thread namely nos 7 & 10 it seems you implied that you are some kind of expert. What other reason could you have for slating older anglers just for doing it their way.

Comment

Working...
                              X