Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Juniors and wildlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juniors and wildlife

Hi all
    Had a thought. Im 13 and I do like looking at the surroundings etc. I must admit though, I do go fishing to catch fish and not to really admire wildlife (just my honest opinion). Alot of juniors (and adults) say they go fishing not to catch, but to look at the wildlife/nature.
    I was wondering what your honest thoughts were.( do you go fishing to admire surroundings or go fishing to catch fish).
    (Remember, this is just personal opinions so please respect peoples thoughts)
    Thanks
    Dan

I do like to look at my surroundings while fishing. I usually pick the best looking lake and find it makes the day much more pleasureable.

Comment

Pleasant surroundings are lovely but if I was to care about the surroundings I'd go sight seeing, when I'm fishing the only thing that matters to me is fishing.
      Even though I only pleasure fish now not that I ever fish matches apart from clubbies, I'm still as keen as ever.
      One thing to finish if ever there's a bird singing why does it always sit in a tree next to me! That reminds me I must buy a gun.
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

There's nothing better than sitting by a scenic stretch of river,legering for chub or barbel,I love to catch fish,but if I don't it's not the end of the world,as I've been able to take in the surroundings,tranquility and most important of all-peace and quiet. BUT,if I'm fishing a match on a commy,the only thing that I'm watching is that float or rod tip-i'm totally in the zone. I'd take the first one like a shot over the second,though! Good thread,dan ;-)
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

At my local it is the owners house right next to it.
          So you get his dog, chickens, rabbits and wild foxes and sometimes deers and minks running around with you while you fish (and ducks)
          No motorway noise anything like that,
          A nice days fishing
          Catching or no catching
          [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
          [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
          [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
          [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

As long as the missus isn't chewing my ear off, I'd fish in Helmand province.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Specimen anglers can have the best of both, Before anyone says it,we dont spend all our time asleep in the bivvy.
              Last edited by hurricane; 21 September 2010, 09:48 PM. Reason: typo
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

For me its a bit of both really theres a lake near me called Maperley Reser..Marvellous surroundings on the edge of a country park but its an absolute pig to fish,hard as naggnails it is but havin said all this i can sit there all day without a bite and just take it all in,unless theres a 30mph wind blowing that is...hate wind whence fishing but thats another story.

Comment

If i ever go to a commy (ver rarely) id rather catch fish because majoritory of the time its not exactly, Scenic. But i find nothing better than being next to a wild untouched river, especialy for chub and barbel Catching one is merely a bonus
                  Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                  Perch-3lb
                  Tench-5 1/2lb
                  Carp-15lb
                  Barbel-10 1/2lb
                  Chub 5 1/4lb
                  Roach 1 1/2lb
                  Rudd 2lb
                  Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

With the amount of anglers going to commercials it seems the average angler would rather catch fish than take in the surroundings - personally I would love to have both and its a sad state of affairs that juniors as a rule are not getting bought up like I was stalking chub on small rivers and fishing beautiful natural lakes.
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I was lucky really because my dad introduced me to roving and stalking chub when i was 12, i fished since i was 7. So after i was 15 we stubbled upon this great little water packed with chub and barbel and was almost untouched. We have gone there ever since.

River fishing is a lost art in my opinion i know many people that when i ask them about river fishing all they think of is pike.
                      Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                      Perch-3lb
                      Tench-5 1/2lb
                      Carp-15lb
                      Barbel-10 1/2lb
                      Chub 5 1/4lb
                      Roach 1 1/2lb
                      Rudd 2lb
                      Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Thanks for letting me know your opinions, very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                        X