Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

youth masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youth masters

i want to do the youth masters next year i know i probably dont stand a chance but i think it will be a great insight to competative match fishing does anyone no the best website to find the info i no it wont be up on any website for a good few months

there wasnt one this year i dont think mate and dont know if they are again as i havnt heard anything yet

Comment

ok cheers does anyone no of a substitute type thing quite a big junior competition

Comment

there is nationals which is a team event really but as a junior you fish for a place in fish 'O' mania junior.
        i was fortunate to qualify 5th in national and earn a place in fish 'O' mania which was a great experiance and good prize for winner

Comment

go on the browning website or type browning youth masters in google that'll tell you mate

Comment

i just need some matches to do locally and nobody seems to do many and i cant join a club as i cant do sundays it annoyin

Comment

2011 Junior Festival held at Hayfield Lakes

2011 Junior Festival held at Hayfield Lakes

The Junior Festival dates for next year are as follows the weekend of August 6th & 7th,it will be limited to 40 pegs.

Day one 20 pegs on Small Adams Lake [where the Fisho Final has been held]

20 pegs on Dannies[island] lake.

Day 2 will be the same lakes but you will fish the other lake.

The age range for this will be under 18 and 12+ on the 6th August.

At the moment I am taking names from Junior anglers who would like to take part. When things are firmed up later in the year I will get details out to you, pegs are booked for this , the only weekend it could be done as bookings have been taken for 2011.

Thanks.

John Cayless

[email protected]
              John Cayless
              Team SPRO/Cralusso
              [url]www.anglingconcepts.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Nick,you're better off joining a club first,and entering the junior club matches to learn the ropes,as the nationals will be full of top young anglers and england youth internationals,which would be quite daunting if you're new to match fishing. Try and find a local club with a good youth setup-see if connor fancies joining you,and you'll both learn a lot from the other club members.
                Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I Said exactly the same thing ages ago Paul ,
                  When he realises that some of these youths are of the same calibre as previous yrs
                  Will Raison ,Ben Leach ,Callum Dicks etc
                  Maybe he will listen a little more to advice given on here ??
                  Colin

Comment

To explain it fully would (without getting too personal) take about ten thousand words...however sometimes people will listen to the advice given and take it all on board...I watch the youths fish around here, and there are some good anglers amongst them not only in their equipment but also in their dedication...You need decent equipment just to be able to compete with these anglers...thinking you can compete with total sub-standard equipment is a joke...I noticed in one of your earlier threads that you were looking for an arm for your box, but only had £6!!....Look mate...before you even think about entering these Top matches...take into account that your bait bill alone will be the best part of thirty quid...entrance fee is a few quid and to be honest (because they are youths) I don't think you win money for winning these matches....If you can't fish Sundays, when do you get to practice?...Its no good going on a pool when there are no anglers on it....picking the best peg...and having seventy pound of it....because I can guarantee you that some of these youths that you think you can compete with..will have at least TREBLE your weight...I know I will probably get slated for such a strong post and what seems like a personal attack...but its not meant to be....But I get the feeling that you are leading yourself up the garden path.....Forget opens...fish and BEAT a few mates.....join a club...and WIN a few matches...then try an open...until then... forget it....you don't stand a chance...harsh words but factual!!....Now where's my tin hat??

Comment

Rjays,believe it or not,I totally agree with you,mate and col-spot on. To be honest,most of those lads on the national would batter me off the next peg too and I've been fishing for 30 odd years! Learn to walk before you try running,nick. We're just being honest ;-)
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

ye thats the thing though ive done small matches beat my friends and i cant do local clubs on a sunday this is why i was looking at something else the opens by me are all sundays and the clubs are sundays anyway cheers for that

Comment

Rjays
                          That is basicaly what i told him months ago
                          Match fishing is not something you do once in a while ,it is a way of life .
                          Dedication Preparation Practice are a must
                          Unfortunately Nick doesnt listen to advice too well
                          Even a couple of weeks away ,things change and you could lose 1/2 a match before you realise
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                            To explain it fully would (without getting too personal) take about ten thousand words...however sometimes people will listen to the advice given and take it all on board...I watch the youths fish around here, and there are some good anglers amongst them not only in their equipment but also in their dedication...You need decent equipment just to be able to compete with these anglers...thinking you can compete with total sub-standard equipment is a joke...I noticed in one of your earlier threads that you were looking for an arm for your box, but only had £6!!....Look mate...before you even think about entering these Top matches...take into account that your bait bill alone will be the best part of thirty quid...entrance fee is a few quid and to be honest (because they are youths) I don't think you win money for winning these matches....If you can't fish Sundays, when do you get to practice?...Its no good going on a pool when there are no anglers on it....picking the best peg...and having seventy pound of it....because I can guarantee you that some of these youths that you think you can compete with..will have at least TREBLE your weight...I know I will probably get slated for such a strong post and what seems like a personal attack...but its not meant to be....But I get the feeling that you are leading yourself up the garden path.....Forget opens...fish and BEAT a few mates.....join a club...and WIN a few matches...then try an open...until then... forget it....you don't stand a chance...harsh words but factual!!....Now where's my tin hat??
                            true in every word experience is everything and that cost money so my advice is dont throw your money away fishing against seasoned anglers DONT RUN B4 YOU CAN CRAWL

Comment

i will certainly be putting my name down for the match at hayfield

Comment

Working...
                              X