Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Floats bending in storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floats bending in storage

Hi

Some of my wagglers seem to curve slightly while sitting on my tackle box.

Has anyone else experienced that?

Thanks

Are they in the sun? What are they made of?

If they are plastic and left in the sun then they will bend. I had a strange experience when my pole top tubes were left out on a hot day in the sun, the twin tube ones. When I packed up the pole tops wouldn't go in as the tubes were very bent!
    [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

I suppose the box is exposed to the sun when I am fishing.

Has happened with plastics and peacocks, plastics more so.

Thanks

Comment

they are prob peacock wags

Comment

Huh?

Comment

warm them with a hair drier lighty and tease them back its worked for a few i had given to me when i started out. (its a delicate operation tho)
            [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/tarks/fledger.jpg[/IMG]Fledger....... Here'.. fishy fishy fishy..:
            Speci Carper

Comment

Hi there m8. its also possible to get them straight again if you hold the peacock / plastic stems m in boiling water for a while, mind the fingers though, (also a delicate operation)

Comment

I always keep them in an opaque float tube. Never had problems
                [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Does it matter ? Are they bent to the point they cant be used?I have never bent them back have been told though that they still curve back even after being straightend ,not experienced it my sell though!
                  Peacocks will bend even out of the sun i think it has something to do with them drying out .

Comment

If they are only slight bends then I wouldnt worry - if they are bent to the extent that they dont cast properly then try the straightening techniques.... otherwise buy some more and store them in a float tube in future.
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

30072010124.jpg24112010151.jpg A good float is worth looking after had em years!
                      [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                      X