Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How would you........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you........

Taking my nephew fishing for the first time next Saturday, he is 6 and wants to learn how to fish

Venue sorted, somewhere small, with plenty of silvers and a few bigger fish, so plenty to hopefully be caught

How would you start him off? Whip, rod and line and float, top 4?

I have no problem with him using any of my gear, I learnt from my old man, using rod and line, but there was nothing else about then

How would you start him off?

Jimbo,don't bother setting your own kit up,just sit with littlun,if theres loads of silvers try a bit of both rod and whip...
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

And if he enjoys it ive got a brand new 5mtr whip at home he can have...
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Cheers Mart, pretty much what I was thinking

Main thing is he catches a few!

Comment

Pole at 16m
          Steve

Comment

To be honest Steve he could probably fish 16m better than I can!!

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
              Pole at 16m
              Some of us cant walk that far !
              personaly i dont go that far on Holiday !!
              Colin

Comment

Old Thread I know but I was wondering how you got on. My 6yr old wants to take it up. I was taught on Float and Reel so was going to stick with something I knew..

Comment

To be honest I set him up a top three to hand, I couldn't find a whip in the shed that morning, ended up being a lucky decision as fished Sumners ribbon lake, he had loads of roach to hand, and a few nice skimmers, but was funny to see the look on his face when a 2lb Barbel stripped about 8 metres of double 4 out half way through the day

Just stick with a method you know, somewhere where you will catch, he ended up with 32 roach, 7 small skimmers and 3 nice barbel, and loved it.

Just trying to find enough spare days to keep taking him is the problem now

Comment

Working...
                  X