Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Help with cleaning equipment & holdalls etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with cleaning equipment & holdalls etc.

    Hi all.

    I am a newbie and at the age of 51 I started fishing at the back end of last year. Since then i have accumulated some holdalls etc some of which have been used and require cleaning.

    I was wondering if anyone had any proven ideas on how to clean the holdalls from built-in muck.
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Many Thanks For Use Of The Site

    Kind Regards
    Tony In Rotherham (S. Yorkshire)[/COLOR]

  • #2
    Originally posted by bigyun2000 View Post
    Hi all.

    I am a newbie and at the age of 51 I started fishing at the back end of last year. Since then i have accumulated some holdalls etc some of which have been used and require cleaning.

    I was wondering if anyone had any proven ideas on how to clean the holdalls from built-in muck.
    Karcher! or in the washing machine when the mrs goes out!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

    Comment


    • #3
      Leave em Out in the rain
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

      Comment


      • #4
        Mop bucket, hot soapy water, scrubbing brush and elbow grease then jet wash it off and leave to dry in the sun ( while it lasts lol)
        " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

        Comment


        • #5
          What ducci said ^^^^
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks guys
            [COLOR="#0000FF"]Many Thanks For Use Of The Site

            Kind Regards
            Tony In Rotherham (S. Yorkshire)[/COLOR]

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't bother, when it gets too bad buy new.
              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Empty it
                lower it into lake swish it round fir a minute or so
                Stand it behind you upside down
                Change it for New @ least every 12months
                Colin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Col I would die if my gear was like that lol my weld set broke on Thursday so had to work in some one else bay 15mins into my shift I stopped downed tools and compleatly cleaned the pen took me 3 hours looks spanking now I just can't handle mess if u seen me fishing u would think is just bought it all. I got football boots that are 12 years old and still look mint get home after a game clean hot water soft cloth, hosed off and left to dry in the kitchen on a towel then Thursday polished and buffed then vaselined I have some serious issues lol
                  " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ducci82 View Post
                    Col I would die if my gear was like that lol my weld set broke on Thursday so had to work in some one else bay 15mins into my shift I stopped downed tools and compleatly cleaned the pen took me 3 hours looks spanking now I just can't handle mess if u seen me fishing u would think is just bought it all. I got football boots that are 12 years old and still look mint get home after a game clean hot water soft cloth, hosed off and left to dry in the kitchen on a towel then Thursday polished and buffed then vaselined I have some serious issues lol
                    O.C.D !!!!!! Was it Justins work station you had to cleanup ? lol
                    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nah ur joking mate I stay wellllll clear of that section lol
                      " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cheers guys. I like to keep my equipment spick n span as it costs a lot to buy it in the first place. So i guess a bit OCD myself
                        [COLOR="#0000FF"]Many Thanks For Use Of The Site

                        Kind Regards
                        Tony In Rotherham (S. Yorkshire)[/COLOR]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OCD is a mental health problem so I doubt many that say they have it really do, perhaps keeping anything clean and tidy is more akin to having an overpowering feminine side
                          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes maybe that's my problem I'm too in touch with my feminine side that would explain my urge to try on size 8 high heels when I'm shopping with the wife lol
                            " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ducci82 View Post
                              Yes maybe that's my problem I'm too in touch with my feminine side that would explain my urge to try on size 8 high heels when I'm shopping with the wife lol
                              Doe bend over by Checketts wearing em he will be in like Flynn! lol
                              HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X