Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Toft Fishery near Dunchurch in Warwickshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toft Fishery near Dunchurch in Warwickshire

Hi there fishing a match at Toft Fishery near Dunchurch in Warwickshire know nothing at all about this fishery, fishing on the big lake got all the pegs, any and all advice for this water will be welcome thanks

Regards Wiggy

All methods work on the day ?

Comment

If you draw on a peg opposite the island thats just about half of the pegs its feeder to the island, whilst feeding a short line on the pole, they will come in very close and feed in inches of water so a margin line also needs to be fed. Take your pick on baits most will work. I find paste for the margins works well. If you are not on a island peg its usually a case of hoping either a short line or margin line works.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

just to throw something else into the hat i caught a few slapping shallow at 11mts when i fished it ,but it was earlier in the year . As Brian said pellet feeder tight as you can to the island as you can get , 2 ft away is no good , was advised to fish a line on a top kit plus 2 also but this didn't work for me whatsoever and i caught all but 3 feeder fish and half a dozen on the 11mtr line in the margins next to very little cover, some that potted lots of dead maggots got pestered by roach , krill g/bait cupped in worked for me.
        atb

Comment

Thanks for the info lads should make it easier to set up, looks like the better pegs might be around the island so the draw bags in it again, thanks again

Regards Wiggy

Comment

Not always wiggy the last two matches I have had on there the match was won from the open water on the far bank from the cafe. But it needs the fish to come in close for it to happen.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I always start at top 2 plus 4 sections,its about 7 feet deep.My next line is top 2 plus 2 sections,about 5 feet deep.Feed the sides for later.Corn or pellet and possibly a bit of paste for the sides.As others have said the feeders another option.As brian said you don't need the island,matches ive fished are normally won in the open water,with an end peg an advantage.The last match I fished I caught strait away on my longer line,caught on my closer line but struggled in the margins,but some caught which proved to be the difference between framing or not as the weights were close.If windy the lake tows quite a bit,i get around that by wetting 4mm pellets and squeezing into a ball and kinder cupping them in every put in.If you just throw or drop some loose pellets they will end up in the next peg.Dont fish too light with elastic as they pull a bit,i use something like preston green or drennan pink.Also you could need up to a gram float depending on the tow,i make my rigs up to 8-9 feet deep and shorten them on the day.If you put TOFT in the search column near the top of the page all previous matches and results etc will come up.
              good luck.

Comment

Av you fished this yet wiggy ? How did you get on

Comment

Fished match on Tuesday. 34 fished weather very windy cold and showery wind blowing from 18--19 up to island,"right to left" drew peg 26 fished feeder for one hour caught two fish one on pellet, one on worm tried corn n meat nothing just the two pulls, was feeding 4s and meat at 2+2 and maggot in side, no bites,tried paste n pellet 2+2 and 2+1 no bites, bad tow left to right fished 2+1 baited maggot fished worm on hook caught 2 carp lost 3 ended up 15lb 4oz. 4 carp 3 roach. match results.
                  1 peg 40 82lbs 8ozs

2 peg 35 82lbs 4ozs

3 peg 46 75 lbs

4 peg 3 74lbs

6 peg 29 64lbs 6ozs
                  5 peg 6 67lbs 8ozs

7 peg 12 58lbs 4ozs

8 peg 55 58lbs

9 peg 34 55lbs 2ozs

10 peg 15 47lbs

Regards Wiggy

Comment