Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Grebe Wolvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grebe Wolvey

Hi all

Fishing the Grebe lake near Wolvey this Sunday and just after as much info as poss on best baits , pegs , methods etc etc

Cheers in advance

Rob

Hiya, is it the private (kingfisher) near Makins?

Comment

Yea it backs on to Makins

We fishing the back lake which i believe is the grebe

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Never heard of it!!

Ok, bottom lake is very much edge fishing... fished it 3 weeks ago and caught 1 fish pellet wag then margins

i fished groundbait and 6/7 maggots on the hook but the fish are fed on bread

also a 'have a look' line is 5-7 mtrs out on corn

cheers

Comment

Cheers for that

What was your set up mate?

Dead reds?

Did you feed much

Is it worth taking any bread

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

I pulled peg 5 on grebe.. behind the van (left) over hanging tree to left and long rush bed right

I chucked pellet method half way (its tight with other side close) but very small skimmers then chucked waggler 2ft deep had 1 first chuck. 8lb

left i had 2ft of water right a bit deeper in front its 8ft @ 7mtrs the fish are a very good stamp average

I fished same rig left right changing depth 7lb guru.. 4x12 float.. size 14 guru mwg but i would go 16 now as colder

black hydro.

cupped level pot of groudbait every 20mins both sides.. the gaffer actually came noticed i was on the wag.. called me a numpty and said down the edge.. after 1hr !!! i did think a bit early ... first put in had 7lber 2nd 5lb cupped in looked the other side had 7lber then kept swapping as i hooked.. netted or lost fish. possibly lost 40lb dead reds yes

Bread. the only reason i say this is i know the buy chucks loafs in to feed the fish when he knows anglers have not been on it ... i did see the odd fish trying to take leafs which shown they are looking but i dont know how you would go about using this info .. possibly a big punch on the bottom due to weather change!?

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            X