Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Death of another parks pool ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of another parks pool ??

I see Cannon Hill Park pool was drained and netted yesterday....anyone know why??

I know they had problems in the past with the pool flooding the MAC, new sluices were fitted but it dramatically lowered the depth, of the pool, I will ask Bazz he will know.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Looks like dredging . 147706148_10159492980477625_5050561962633908393_o.jpg

Comment

Last time I looked there was a day ticket charge of £8, however that was dependent of a park ranger going round. Had a look but cant see any charges mentioned on council web site so may not be any fee.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Bri ..I mean it was drained and netted on Sunday

Comment

Rob i seen that, I was just saying the parks pools were at £8 a day, subject to anyone bothering to collect. At £8 bet theres not many takers. I drive past Billseley every Friday and not seen anyone fishing

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Pics supplied by Rjay. 20210206_123418.jpg 20210206_123423.jpg 20210206_123902.jpg
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Am Amazed to say I still hear that you get half a dozen anglers a day down Lifford...I spent most of the 70's fishing there, possibly one of the best Tench fisheries around back in the day..would love to give it a go again, just for old times sake...it's reputation tarnished the place in the 80's though, I think the thought of what might happen overtook what actually did happen which as far as I was ever aware ..was nothing.

Comment

Plenty of the park pools worked like that, I have lived in the middle of them and fished most since 1960 and NEVER had a problem. I fished Lifford, Edgy, Salford.Trittiford,Swanhurst,Fox hollies,Wasson,(at night lol),DartmouthCannon hill. West Sethwick,Shenley ducker,pype hayes,manor farmm park, Brookvale and Shard end, and NEVER HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM. I dont fish them now, like most, but often visit and never have any issues.

Think many so called problems are perceived rather than factual.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                    Plenty of the park pools worked like that, I have lived in the middle of them and fished most since 1960 and NEVER had a problem. I fished Lifford, Edgy, Salford.Trittiford,Swanhurst,Fox hollies,Wasson,(at night lol),DartmouthCannon hill. West Sethwick,Shenley ducker,pype hayes,manor farmm park, Brookvale and Shard end, and NEVER HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM. I dont fish them now, like most, but often visit and never have any issues.

Think many so called problems are perceived rather than factual.
                    A prime example, at west Smethwick park a few years back,Took this pic with a long lens from opposite side of lake, my thoughts were thats a dodgy bunch, Later in the day 2 of them,did a tour of the lake with bags????well iffy with a decent head of carp and birdlife,,,they were picking up the bloody rubbish, left by (some anglers) but most from walkers and visitors,during the next few years I got to know a fair few of the folks in the pic, If you dropped your wallet would you get it back ?? maybe not but would they take if from you ,my answer is a resounding NO, My point is everything you hear is not always true and be wary at all times but try not to pre judge folks.

west smeth 023.JPG

Comment

Working...
                    X