Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cusworth farm ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cusworth farm ponds

Are now open again. according to the farmer he has restocked with loads of stockies n other silver fish.
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Tracey[/COLOR]:D
    [I]fishing is for life
    not just for a few weeks
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]DSBLJ[/COLOR][/B][/I]

Cusworth farm parks

Hi mate is this the lakes at cusworth hall ? Im from woodlands so if it is its not far from me and i would like to give it a try
    I bet it fishes its head off for the first few weeks

Adie

Comment

Hi Adie... I'm based in Carcroft and run the website, where do you go fishing round here mostly?
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Hi Simon I fish the river don in and around Doncaster quite i bit, Also Highfields lakes the river Dearne, river went, new junction canal,And various other ponds in the region, Im a pleasure fisherman i've never been keen on match fishing!!

Adie

Comment

its not the ponds at cusworth hall. Its some ponds that belong to a farmer just a bit away down from cusworth hall. It was all ruined two years ago by silage so the farmer cleaned it all out and re stocked. Also have you been to the norton ponds at norton. This is a great place and is free to fish.
          [I]fishing is for life
          not just for a few weeks

Comment

Hi Tracey
            Where abouts is this pond at cusworth farm ? And i've not heard of the one at norton either!! how do you get to these and what are you likely to catch in them ?
            Have you tried Highfields ponds at the bottom of woodlands? it's cheap and pretty good fishing, I also fish the river Don nr the town center / prison and have had twenty barbel this season to 9 1/2lb and chub to 4 1/2lb and loads of roach over 1lb, good bream, and lots of pike
            have you tried the river went ? thats also free fishing

Cheers Adie

Comment

cusworth farm

come on chaps someone let us know how to get to these ponds at cusworth farm i to would like to try them out so give us some directions

Comment

I'll have to look in my map book for the road names etc, as i only know that if you go on the main road to cusworth hall from york road.
                Here goes : Turn off york road on to the road heading up to cusworth hall, carry on straight past the hall and carry on going until you get to the motorway bridge. Go under the motorway bridge and as the road bears round to the left for sprotbrough there is a public footpath sign on right hand side of road. Its just infront of the road heading towards mexborough. You then have to walk down the footpath and over two farmers fields to get to the ponds. I have just asked hubby for these directions so you'll have to bear with me. There are many people that fish here aswell, not sure about parking as we get taken there or we go on the bicycle.
                As for Norton Ponds, turn left down side of schoolboy inn in norton and head down the road. You'll see some rocks in front of you. The ponds are just at the back of there.
                We don't really look at sreet names when on a bike.
                [I]fishing is for life
                not just for a few weeks

Comment

Cusworth farm ponds

Hi Tracey Not heard from you about this place yet have you not been on for a while ????

Adie

Comment

Thanks Tracey I thought it maybe that pond nr the A1 i will have to give it a try maybe next week and the one at norton you're a star Cheers

Adie

Comment

Highfields, my hubby and his two brothers went there fishing last year and nearly had their heads smashed in by bricks. Some teenagers from highfields and woodlands started on them for nothing and tried to break their tackle and everything. I've fished there a few times including the allotment pond. Had some tench out and perch and a couple of crucian carp out too.
                      On one occassion, my hubby was fishing there. I took the kids down to see him, and he said he was nipping to the shop, so i sat on his seat box. He said he had not caught anything, so i took some bread that the kids had bought for the ducks, put it on the hook and just as hubby was coming back from the shops i was reeling in a big tench. lets just say he was gutted.
                      But as i said before about the teenagers, we don't fish there anymore. We mainly do norton ponds and ebeck, and are gonna give carcroft pond another try.
                      [I]fishing is for life
                      not just for a few weeks

Comment

i've not been too well with the old asthma and have been busy at home. I am going to get on more now though as i am feeling a bit better. Am waiting for weather to warm up a bit before i go fishing again.
                        [I]fishing is for life
                        not just for a few weeks

Comment

Im sorry to hear about the teenagers

I've never had any trouble with them!! A shame as it's quite a good place full of fish i had a 4lb perch last year my best perch in 30 odd years fishing
                          also had a few carp up to 10lb and tench 5lb

Well worth another try I dont fish it much in the school hols cos it is full of kids
                          may see you at one of these ponds one day

Adie

Comment

hi guys do you have directions to this pond

Comment

Hi pegasus do you mean Highfields lakes

Adie

Comment

Working...
                              X