Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Need info on issac walton fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on issac walton fishery

Fishing a match on the canal style pool which i belive is the bottom lake (lake 4) in about 4 weeks any info would be great.

is that issac walton at chebsey junction 14 m6 or great wyrley on the A34 ?

Comment

it`s got to be chebsey if there are 4 pools,the canal pool is not at the bottom that is pool 3.it is on the right as you drive down the path on the other side of the car park.
      it is pretty fair all round the pool but i fished on the right hand side with the bank behind me,just past half way up.there are a couple of lumps in the pool if you can get past the silvers.double red maggots over casters and the occasional half worm should see you bag up.if fishing in the middle of the track fish about 6 inches to half depth and on the deck on the far bank.the canal is not too wide neither about 10 metres at most places a bit more on the ends.

Comment

The canal pool is behind the car park newish pool.Partial to a biggish piece of meat in there.Fairly deep pool,think I would fish middle of the track and bottom of far shelf feed little but often

Comment

hte canal pools are two years old. they are stocked fairly heavily, the above two comments are correct in terms of bait and areas. There tends to be a strong wind on that field, so the pole can sometimes be difficult. If you want any more information emial me on [email protected]

Comment

what size do they run in here

Comment

hi micked
              when you fish the canal pool take a good pair of wellys with you
              couse you will need them

Comment

Originally posted by micked
                what size do they run in here

Had a couple of hours on there last Oct. Loads of fish predominantly to the 1lb mark - carp, crucians and tench..........but also picked up just a couple of 3-5 lbers, although I' ve heard theres a few double figures in there.

Started across just down shelf but finished on top 2 down inside shelf a bite literally a chuck on pred flavoured meat and corn that day. There was several other anglers on the pool, 2 on next pegs to my right, but I had two empty pegs to the left.

By the way it was very boggy then......
                Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Looks like it going to be a good match looking at the open match results weather permiting thanks for all the info

Comment

Only got it booked for 2 matches this year Aug Canal, Bottom pool Oct

Comment

We also got a match in the summer on top pool the one were you fish from the island good match on here last year fishing caster shallow

Comment

Could do with some info myself on Top pool, Micked. Got a summer match on it as well. I'll bear the caster shallow in mind.......what stamp of fish did it result in?

Comment

Fish were all carp 3 to 5 lb. Chuck the silvers back as this frees up spare net as they only allow 50 lb per net if you weight more than 50 then they only count it as 50 lbs. Like i stated before shallow with casters i weighted about 70 lb in lad two pegs away fished pellet shallow he weighted in about 60 lbs. The pegs on the island were the ones on that day i only fished about 6 meters or has far as could throw the bait by hand. Keep feeding at the same as playing the fish. Hope this helps

Comment

Middle peg on Island is a good one won two club matches off it, as you say 5/6mtr

Comment

Thanks guys..........now stored away in the little grey cells

TK

Comment

Working...
                              X