Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Larford speci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larford speci

Am off to larford in september, 30 of us traveling up from north devon for a match between our selfs for a mates stag week. really was hoping for some proper advice on how to go about it as unable to practice the water before hand. want to know what to be setting up?? and how much bait i will need for our 6 hours?? that kind of thing really? and of course what my targets should be? any help chaps whould be a great help as i am trying to suck as much info out of every body i can as some money of course will be up for grabs too spend later on that eve!! haha. cheers baz.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

Originally posted by bazzalee View Post
    Am off to larford in september, 30 of us traveling up from north devon for a match between our selfs for a mates stag week. really was hoping for some proper advice on how to go about it as unable to practice the water before hand. want to know what to be setting up?? and how much bait i will need for our 6 hours?? that kind of thing really? and of course what my targets should be? any help chaps whould be a great help as i am trying to suck as much info out of every body i can as some money of course will be up for grabs too spend later on that eve!! haha. cheers baz.
    PLEASE PLEASE IN NEEDOF SOME HELP
    [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Set up everything! Pellet wag, method feeder, pellet feeder, short pole about 6 metres to fish corn/pellet and a loner line up to say 13 and fill it in with pellet and fish pellet over top. You can also set up a paste line. Fishery limit on feed pellet and groundbait. Check their website for exact amounts. As for rigs you will be looking at up to 10 feet in places and it must average a good 8 foot so plenty of deep rigs. As for target weights you can put a big weight together on any method as the fish run big. Even the most modest skilled angler will catch either on pole or feeder/wag. I am there on sunday so will let you know how it fished.

Comment

Originally posted by big g View Post
        set up everything! Pellet wag, method feeder, pellet feeder, short pole about 6 metres to fish corn/pellet and a loner line up to say 13 and fill it in with pellet and fish pellet over top. You can also set up a paste line. Fishery limit on feed pellet and groundbait. Check their website for exact amounts. As for rigs you will be looking at up to 10 feet in places and it must average a good 8 foot so plenty of deep rigs. As for target weights you can put a big weight together on any method as the fish run big. Even the most modest skilled angler will catch either on pole or feeder/wag. I am there on sunday so will let you know how it fished.
        nice one hope u do alright, look forward too hearing from u?

Comment

specci lake

hi mate was there last week and the waggler produced the better fish constantly feeding 8mm fishery pellets and 8mm pellet on hook,there were more fish on the pole at 8 meteres altough they tended to be all skimmers.method produced a few fish fishing white 10mm boilie on hook.as i said the top weights were on waggler and the fish run into big doubles so set up accordingly or you will get smashed by them hope this helps

Comment

great advice mate, hope to be bagging when get up there!! think i better be beefing up me gear the next few weeks!

Comment

Working...
            X