Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Free fishing in and around Doncaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free fishing in and around Doncaster

River Ebeck - silver fish, pike (some huge ones), eels, good size chub

Norton Ponds - silver fish, good size rudd and perch, orfe, carp(only 3 ever seen including a ghost carp), pike, ide

River Idle - free stretch aswell as paid stretch, pike, silver pish, perch etc

Shirley pool - silver fish, decent sized pike

Railway pond(just off tilts hills lane) - carp and tench galore on this little pond, but you have to watch the weegs and lillies.

River Cheswold (infront of donny prison) - big pike, and perch aswell as other species. Watch out on here where you fish as if you fish on the corner peg you will get charged by the bailiff

also, you can fish some stretches of the canal and river don. Investigations are currently going on, as a man posing as a bailiff has been seen on the don and canal asking for day ticket money.

If anyone knows of any more free places let us know, also if you want directions to these places i will try my best to give them, as i cycle to these places so i often take short cuts etc.
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Tracey[/COLOR]:D
    [I]fishing is for life
    not just for a few weeks
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]DSBLJ[/COLOR][/B][/I]

free fishing

Hi Tracey could you tell where abouts you can fish on the ebeck for pike and also in front of donny prison I travel by car is there anywhere safe to park near the ebeck cheers Brian

Comment

Is Shirley pool definately free fishing?

Comment

shirly pool is definatly free fishing, although not sure what has happened with it. It used to be full of fish, and when we went down during the so called summer, we didn't catch a thing. tench bubbles were seen, but nothing caught.

As for the river ebeck, best place to fish is by the flush. you would have to park in layby on A19 and walk down to the peg. there is now a bit of a hill to climb but fishing is great. have been a few times this year and have caught loads, mainly little chub, skimmers, rudd, and even a few grayling. Pike are around here too, loads of them
        [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Tracey[/COLOR]:D
        [I]fishing is for life
        not just for a few weeks
        [B][COLOR="Blue"]DSBLJ[/COLOR][/B][/I]

Comment

ok where are all these places because iv not heard of any of them please help
          Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
          Perch-3lb
          Tench-5 1/2lb
          Carp-15lb
          Barbel-10 1/2lb
          Chub 5 1/4lb
          Roach 1 1/2lb
          Rudd 2lb
          Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

sorry for the bugging lads just needed to now.

Comment

does any 1 no of any areas around bawtry and harworth that are free

Comment

just a bit of an update boys been informed by the secretary as from 16th june 2010 Doncaster & District AA will control the fishing rights on the River Don below the Salmon Run upto the 2nd railway bridge and the old Cheswold cut

www.ddaa.co.uk
                Last edited by MJW; 22 March 2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

river torne rossington bridge but you might have to wait 2 days for abite

Comment

[

try cantley pond !! it may still be free fishing, there isa lot of rubbish around it, there are plans for a clean-up & landscape with path proper pegs....

Comment

yes i know few years late !! but people still read these forums for assistance !! Free fishing on small pond, top of armthorpe pit tip & pond in Doncaster golf club...

Comment

salmon in river don, lecture by chris firth 5th february 2014

salmon in the river don !! a talk by environment agency chris firth @ Doncaster museum, chequer road, 5th February 2014 2.30pm possibly free !

Comment

armthorpe pit top pond is 'free' but isa long walk from car park, not very big, but clean & tidy..

bull-hole in barnby dun may be free now as I don't think anyone one runs it, check first in case details have changed,

Comment

Working...
                          X