Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Toft Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toft Farm

Hi lads im of to toft farm to fish a disabled match on saturday 01 Aug.Im on the carp lake has anyone any info please.

where is toft farm?
    <>< West Midlands angler <><

Comment

Do a search using the search box at the top of this page there are several threads on Toft Lakes

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

pm marginman

Comment

fished a match there today, paste and pellets all the way and you only need ur top kit for the job, i a few of the bigger fish in catmeat aswell

Comment

Thanks for all the info lads its much appreciated

Comment

Fished the open on tuesday[yesterday]and the fishing has dropped off unfortunately.The normally 100lb bags have halved probably due to the constant cold rain.The match was won with 58lb[keith palfrey].Second 44lb[bob taylor].third [myself] with 40lb.Most had 30+lb and the lowest was 27lb.Seems like winter had come early and everyone was plagued with the unhittable silly bites.[i think they are 4oz crucians]The winner fished pellet close in at the back of his keepnet.No one else caught that close in.Personally i had most of my fish down the shelf at about 5 metres[top two plus short no4 and one more section.]on pellet and also small cubes of meat.I tried to force them into feeding and i should of held back on the feed.Take a feeder rod with you[i didnt bother]it could be a winner if you draw the island.I would also feed a line two more sections out now its colder its about 6.5 feet deep i wish i had done as im convinced i would have caught on that line.The trouble was the weights have been coming out of the margins and the blokes that have been doing 100lb most matches all struggled on tuesday,perhaps it will fish better by the weekend,but better to be prepared and go easy with the feed to start of with.Hope thats helped a little
              good luck
              cornerstone.

Comment

young match fisher

Its at Dunchurch near Rugby

Comment

cornerstine there are no crucians in there so what are you on about ?

Comment

You wouldnt want to bet would you?Everyone on tuesday caught a few,and missed a load of bites.The other guys reckon they must be getting moved from the silver pool perhaps by anglers fishing on there.Bob taylor said the same as you untill he caught some on tuesday.He had never caught one from the match lake before.They must weigh about 3-4oz a piece.by the way im not in the habit of calling a fish a crucian if its not a crucian,when you start to catch some then i presume an apology will be forthcoming .
                    cornerstone.

Comment

Cornerstone i wouldn't be catching them as there must only be a few, which shouldnt be there and if there only weighing that then they wouldn't be getting caught on my tactics and many locals who i fish it with.

Comment

Originally posted by brandyboy23 View Post
                        Cornerstone i wouldn't be catching them as there must only be a few, which shouldnt be there and if there only weighing that then they wouldn't be getting caught on my tactics and many locals who i fish it with.
                        brandyboy23 you are right, they shouldn't be there, but trust me they are
                        I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Originally posted by young_match_fisher View Post
                          where is toft farm?
                          ymf, take the A426 out of Dunchurch (Nr Rugby) heading towards Southam. The entrance is by the houses at the bottom of the hill on the left as you leave Dunchurch. It is signed but not that clearly. It's then 2.2miles across farm tracks to the fishery. If you get to Draycote Water on the 426, you've gone past it.
                          Last edited by tackle tart; 2 August 2009, 06:38 PM.
                          I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Brandy boy you stated there were none in there......looks like you got it wrong i know several good anglers that caught them locals as well....humble pie is very hard to accept...
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Working...
                            X