Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Lodge Farm - Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodge Farm - Signal

Hi all. Anyone have any idea of what method is working here at the moment??? I have'nt fished it before but from what i have read on the net it seems to be shallow that wins. My dilema is what bait to choose as it appears to be either meat, pellet or caster that is used. Choices choices!!!!

Thanks, Danny

At the moment i would say pellet, also try paste on the deck at about 6 - 8 metres.

Comment

You can bag up with ide close in but you need lots of casters or maggots and fish a foot off bottom and pellet up in the water on the long pole.

Comment

Sounds like a plan Nathan!!
        How big are the Ide i would be looking to catch and also what stamp of carp??

Thanks, Danny

Comment

8oz to a pound Ide and the carp are from ounces to 6lb been a big one, probably average 2or 3lb but if you fish on the bottom you tend to get the stockies.

Comment

I have heard its deep.....6ft at 5m and 10ft on far pole line.....is that about right??????

Cheers Nathan

Comment

Yeh, that's about right.

Comment

Maybe a change of plan with the rain and drop in temp. Maybe a short Maggot line for the Ide and a 10m line with pellet on the deck and try a long pellet shallow??

Danny

Comment

use casters mate u will be ok ----pellets as a back up
                  work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

You read my mind Billy, thought to take some as an alternative to pellet shallow. May even take some worm for the short line in place of maggot..............prob change my mind tomorrow ha .

I hate been undecided!!!! not good, as i like to be confident in what i plan to do on a match. Last match i had on another venue was exactly what went wrong i feel, going with little confidence and very little knowledge resulting in a good hiding!!! The challenge of a new venue is not pleasant!!

Danny ???

Comment

Gonna fish long pellet shallow and short with caster, then a line at 8-10m with pellet on the deck as a backup. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

Danny

Comment

Ended up third with 48lb of mainly stockies, so a fairly busy day. Thanks Nathan for your help.

Danny

Comment

can anyone advise on baits & method to fish for this time of year please
                          ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

Working...
                          X