Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pondwood farm white waltham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pondwood farm white waltham

Hi Anyone fished the snake lately, any tips on in methods and winning weights?
    All the best,
    Thanks Mike.

pondwood farm

hi mike, my regular match venue. what end are you fishing, the low numbers or the high numbers?

Comment

Hi Dave,

Comment

Hi Dave, Should have thought to drop you a PM. We where on the high numbers. I was on peg 33, it was a very strange match fish moving everywhere until just before the all in then little or no movement started off on corn and caster, foul hooked one after about an hour then,kept bumping small roach on the caster and even the corn. Then hooked a lump that promptly did me through the reeds to the left after about an other hour. I then spotted a fish moving right against the far bank so started fishing right across. Nothing for an hour then had one that was coming in lovely then realised it was hooked and powered off through the bush on the far bank so 2-0 to them. Tightened elastic right up and back out and stayed mostly on the far bank looking down edges every 20 minutes or so. Finally had one of just over 4Lb on bread from the far bank dropping it on its nose. So although it was great to get out the fishing was hard. Chap next to me won it on peg 32 in last hour with 3 carp all from out the cut in the far bank in about 9 inches of water, they just moved in then. Chap 2nd was down by the bridge with the culvert under it peg 38? he had 16lb all on meat. peg 45 3rd 8lb and 47 4th then 49 I think they were the only people to catch carp all the rest roach and perch only.
        How do you usually fish it and what are the best pegs? as i may go down for a practice if I get the chance in September.
        Fished there a few years ago and the weights were brilliant, but this time struggled all over. Well not out again in a match until September the 6th teams of 6 on Romney Island are you in that?
        All the best,
        Mike.

Comment

Working...
        X