Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cob House Fishery for a returning angler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cob House Fishery for a returning angler

OK....

so i have been advised to pay this venue a visit this weekend by a number of members

Having been out of the sport for a number of years and just returning i will be just fishing the waggler nothing fancy as i need to work on my basics.

Advice would be REALLY APRECIATED as to which pool would be best to fish and how busy i can expect it to be this sunday.

Also what baits/facilities are available on site - i understand you have to use fishery owned landing nets?

Anything would be greatly recieved.

I am planning to pop down one evening this week for a quick look as the pools are only 10min drive from where I live.

Thanks in advance

Matt

you need to talk to Fish Farmer mate
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Yes get your self to cob house fisheries try wyatts pool any peg, pellet and corn you have to use there feed pellet and the fish love em fish a rod length out and enjoy there is a toilet on site and soon to be a cafe nice fishery and nice people goodluck
      Last edited by jason elwell; 27 July 2009, 10:26 PM.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

wish i only lived 10 mins away you will have a good day as long as you keep the pellets goin in......

Comment

Top place top people enjoy your day, any questions ask fishfarmer. Hours drive for me but worth it.

Comment

At last!! Another waggler angler!

Hi mate, I am the manager at Cob House. Depends what you are after really. We have the old Victorian ponds - 3 pools in a row with a mixture of fish - carp well into double figures, some very big roach and rudd, big perch, a few crucians to 3lbs, tench and bream, with the odd eel. Listers end pool - you'll get bites all day from the rudd on maggot, hemp and tares will sort out the bigger roach in the same pool. Ryans pool - also some good roach and rudd etc, but beware some good carp who like the overhanging trees! Pip's Willow and Jades Island also have a similar mix of fish.

If you want carp all day, try Laugherne Island (average weight in here is 3-4lb) and there are also a few small 'skimmer' bream, or try Wyatts - lots of small carp, but also lots of bigger stuff around the 2-5lb mark. Oak has similar stocks to laugherne Island but is carp only. Laurel has a good mix of silver fish and a large head of small carp and you'll catch all day long on soft pellet or corn or small cubes of meat.

This sunday there is a match using Pip's willow, Jades Island and Ryans of the victorian ponds, but listers end is free (never matches on that pool), but all the other pools are match free. Gate opens around 7am and closes at 9pm. It is an automatic gate, so please don't get locked in!

Hope to see you around soon
            Best regards,
            Phil.
            [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thanks Fish Farmer your advice is very much appreciated.

I aim to as i said pop up after work one evening this week so will have a good wander around and get my tacke wet some time sunday.

Looking forward to gettng the rods out again.

Matt

Comment

If the wyatts pool is match free i would get yourself on there, fish a rods length out feed the pellet and fish corn or pellet and you will catch.
                Double Ton

Comment

Yeah, unless you like a challenge, lol.

Comment

yes i like a challenge and that is to beat scotts 140 lb pool record lol
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by jason elwell View Post
                      yes i like a challenge and that is to beat scotts 140 lb pool record lol
                      Hope you do like a challenge mate - he had 167 today !!

Then another scott had 207lb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

Right...if i wasnt on my way to swansea for the day i would pop up for a bit today so will be up for a look tomorrow afternoon and out for a fish sunday morning.
                        IS it pretty obvious which pool is which?
                        The victorians seem from description to be the most established so should be easy to work them out.
                        Planning on maggot and corn as i havent used pellet for about ten years...yes its been that long need to brush up first.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X