Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hayfield Adams - Pegs 1 - 25 Advise anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayfield Adams - Pegs 1 - 25 Advise anyone??

Hi guys, got a match on hayfield little adams this weekend pegs 1 to 25. Anyone got any ideas how its been doing recenlty and how to approach it? I am tempted to attack with worm and caster due to all this rain but i'm not keen to waste money on that lot if paste or pellet wag is doing it at min. Temps is still reasonable and fairly consistent so i'm thinking a positive approach with corn, paste, hemp pellets etc instead of the W & C. Any help would be most welcome peeps

Matt
    Last edited by BigMatt; 29 July 2009, 02:01 PM.

Anyone? There must be someone out there who knows the place well lol

Comment

Would stick to pellet wag feeding and fishing 8mm and also have a bomb rod set up to start on and to go on deck with occasionally through the day.also pole shallow withh 6mm catching fish if its an afternoon match dont be afraid to go down margins as the fish tend to move in late afternoon

Comment

Hi greenman, thanks mate. Are they havin the pellet wag now? was there a few weeks back and they wouldnt look att it at any depth mate, ended up switching to paste and catching 50lb in last couple of hours. Have you been on recently? Its a day match we have on pegs 1 - 25

Comment

Depends on the weather, but pole or waggler up in the water works most of the time, pole is normally better cos they love lots of tapping and slapping on there. If no good then as Ian said the bomb is as good as owt. Worm and caster is good, not as good as it used to be, and how much money are you fishing for? If several hundred pounds take it, if not don't bother! Paste or meat close "sometimes" works for them that know how to do it, I don't! They have also been catching on the long pole with banded pellets on the deck, same line as you fish up in the water and keep feeding all the time, if you get liners, shallow up.

Comment

HI nathan, its only a knock up mate. I used to fish the place alot and had got it down with the worm and caster and you could read it so easily it was untrue in relation to what species you would get and when. I just cant be arsed to pay 20quid plus for the bait if i can catch just as well on something cheaper. We were there about 4 weeks back and the pellet wag didnt work one bit but neither did the bomb and pellet. As soon as you start firing in the bottom erupts with activity and i tried fishing from a few inches off the deck to 18 inch deep and they were not interested at all. It makes me wonder if they were still spawning or something cos i know how well the pellet wag can work on there. I was basically wondering if the fish had settled a bit better now. I've knocked up some paste from the fishery pellets and thrown in a touch of betaine and i'm thinking that fishing this just over the little ledge whether that be 4 to 6 mts on the peg and feeding relatively heavy with hemp and some of the fishery pelllets in there too with paste over top - mainly as a back up line i think as i want to give it a proper go with the pellet wag. I'm 90% sure it will work its just this crappy weather this last few days and up to the weekend was making me consider the worm and caster approach. If you think my plan A will be good enough then i'll take your word for it fella.

Comment

Yeh but my plan A would be the long pole, deep and shallow, then wag and bomb if that fails and the short pole.

Comment

Ok mate, i'll trust your judgement on that one and attack it that way. Hard luck on the fisho draw this yr by the way mate, hope you have better luck next year and pick up one of the end pegs

Comment

Thanks mate, I'll be at Hayfield for the afternoon match, probably both days, hope the sun comes out!

Comment

Well mate, sat is looking to be cloudy with a bit of rain and about 16 degrees, sunday is looking better with a bit of sun and temps up slightly. Mind you,how often do they get it right, you might as well go outside and stick your finger in the air and you will probably get closer to the truth lol

Weather forecast for Fina Hayfield Lakes, United Kingdom | Fishing | myweather2.com

Comment

What day are you there?

Comment

I'll be there on Sunday 2nd August mate

Comment

I'll drop you a msg on sat evening mate and see how you got on

Comment

I won't be on comp Sat. night or Sun. morning mate, might stop in Donny. Can ring me or text if you like on 07786949195.

Comment

hi matt we are on island sunday morning if you are there for 8 might see if i can have a word i will be in a white transit van if you wish to pick my brains

Comment

Working...
                              X