Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

horns pool slitting mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horns pool slitting mill

has anyone got any info on this one,ive fished this place a few times but feel im not really getting the best out of it just yet....

Hey up matey, At the moment the pole has been scoring well on the pellet. Target spiecies are Skimmers with a few better stampers thrown in and occassionally the odd Carp. Now its starting to warm up a bit the carp can be found on most pegs but not in any great numbers yet. Prior to Christmas there were a lot of carp caught on the waggler and tip with Corn/pellet but they,ve gone off the boil a bit and these methods for now are slow to say the least. There,s a good head of roach in the pool that enjoy the caster plus goldfish, crusians, and odd tench, all this makes for a good mixed bag. The fancied pegs at this minute are going to be 3 ,5, 6, 7, 18, shallower pegs, 3.5-5ft 19, 20, 21, 24 and 25 the deeper pegs, 5-7.5ft. dont think they,re having the groundbait yet but dont be frightened to pop the bread and corn up if you,re going to sit on your hands for five hours. There,s no reason why 40/50lb cant be had on a pleasure session. Happy Fishin.

Comment

Dont tell him about the cat meat Kev.

Comment

chears for that,i was down there on monday and fished peg 20 it was steady fishing had 2carp and a nice bream on the straight lead with double corn,about 15lb off skimmers on the pole at about 13meters duoble red maggot over small soft pellet,,,so from the info given it seams that im nearly getting it right.....i think once it warms up ill try the kittykat just out off curiosaty,,,,once again thanks and tight lines.

Comment

Trust me mate, the cat food was a one off spontanious attempt at catchin a fish on a day when nothing seemed to be working. surprise suprise i managed to lassoo a couple but all efforts since have had abizmal results. Later in theseason i would go with pellet n paste, meat, corn, bread, and method feeder/deadred maggot. its up to you.

Comment

cheers mate ill be fishing horns a lot this year as im at a loose end as far as club matches go does kevin still run any opens on here

Comment

The pool is now open for pleasure anglers and there are matches booked throughout the year by various clubs, dates are on the info board,. From november 31st up to march 1st there are a few lads that have a sunday morning knock up or there is a winter league going on, other wise the pool is officialy closed. They didn,t run any 3 hour evening matches last year and i,m not sure if theres any thoughts on doing them this year but you could ring kev and sound him out, if there,s the interest kev,s usually up for it. If your interested in match fishing try popping up Lea Hall Club on any sunday night from 7.30 on in the lounge. their,s always a group of lads there from the club chewing the fat. They,re great fun to fish with, very good anglers to boot and always helpful. we,ve got 16 or 17 matches this coming season starting in april and newcomers are very welcome. Starting tomorrow "Saturday" we,re doing 3 opens on Carney pools as a pre season run up. "actually we never stop all year round". maybe we,ll see ya soon

Comment

hi have you any advice on catching fish I am 13 and live in rugeley ive only recently started fishing and could do with some good tips to help me catch more fish. please help me

Comment

hi im an angler from uttoxeter and i have been fishing hamstall recently and have been told that the horns is a great place to fish, me and my mate are looking to fish here in the next few weeks. i was just wondering how it is fishing at the minute, and what is coming out at the minute size wise. Any feed back would be great.
                  cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X