Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hallcroft New Pond (Canal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallcroft New Pond (Canal)

Thinking of going on sunday anybody fished it yet any good?
    Is it worth a visit as most of the complex is matched up?

Cheers Regards Paul

Talking to terry who owns hallcroft if you are in a minute and float not gone you have got no bait on hook

Comment

watched a few kids fisihing it and it was a fish a cast.Maggot and 4 mm pellett for bait.I have been told their are some decent bream and tench in there up to 4lb.Plenty of 2-3 oz carp.Regards OM

Comment

Got a match sunday if anyone has any info, want to make rigs up ready if anyone can help with depth, cheers.
        ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

Originally posted by owlsmad View Post
          watched a few kids fisihing it and it was a fish a cast.Maggot and 4 mm pellett for bait.I have been told their are some decent bream and tench in there up to 4lb.Plenty of 2-3 oz carp.Regards OM
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH HHHHHHHHHH
          2 to 3oz Carp Why????
          Colin

Comment

Col my post was last september just after the pond was open to the public.It was stocked with carp and bigger bream and tench,to be fair its come on really well and is worth fishing.Some cracking fish in there and its a credit to the Sears family.Regards OM

Comment

you fished it lately owl, heard its a u shaped strip about 14mtr to the bank, can you advise best way to fish, baits please or anyone?
              ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

Originally posted by owlsmad View Post
                Col my post was last september just after the pond was open to the public.It was stocked with carp and bigger bream and tench,to be fair its come on really well and is worth fishing.Some cracking fish in there and its a credit to the Sears family.Regards OM
                Sorry my mate did nt look @ dates
                Ithink i have a phobia about F1s & tiny Carp
                Colin

Comment

Johnboy ,apologies mate didnt see your post till this morning, or i would have replied with some info.Hope you have agood match.Big Col no probs m8.Regards OM

Comment

Johnboy ,apologies mate didnt see your post till this morning, or i would have replied with some info.Hope you have agood match.Big Col no probs m8.Regards OM
                    and have you got any info pal??
                    ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

John not fished it for 2-3 weeks now but when i did caught well on 4mm ringers next gen expanders fished over groundbait at 8 mtrs across.Picked up decent bream and tench.Most people tend to fish over to far side about a foot away from bank.Hallcroft tend to combine a few of the pools for the sunday open and as such its normay tightly packed.You should not fail on a white maggot also ,picks up the carp but i suppose they will take any thing.Its a decent days fishing and seen Andy kinder there most sundays recently.Hope this helps and good luck m8.

Comment

many thanks m8
                        ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

No probs m8 post how you got on.

Comment

had a good day on this new venue, even with the wind gushing down the canal (it was windy)

firstly this is jammed full of young stockies averging 7oz+, plenty of young bream, tnech and the like.
                            Peg 11 won with 35lbs, great catch for small fish. The chap also had the bonus of having it as the golden peg winning him a tidy bonus. Tried worm early doors and was straight into em around mid stream.

I fished peg 3 down a channeland in the middle, weighed in 15lbs with 4mm expanders. missed quite a few late on and didnt have any worms (

everyone caught good weights so all in all everyone had a terrific day, recommended.
                            ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

Working...
                            X