Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

mullet fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mullet fishing

working down in devon for a few weeks seen some mulet in the harbour gonna take a couple of rods and my magin pole to have a go for them in the evenings what bait hooks line do i need anyone got any ideas

hello mate, which harbour? torquay, brixham, etc. these mullet are everywhere along this coast. they can be caught on a variety of baits including, crab, cockles, maggot, bread, cheese paste, i used to catch them in torquay harbour on the land side under the walk ways. you can get down , be careful though.
    if you get a chance, try and get into newton abbott, the upper stretches of the river teign at low tide by the railway bridges. you could also hook into some carp, they are huge aswell, all doubles.
    you can always ask in the tackle shops around torquay and paignton. cheers mark
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

I hooked one at Stoke Gabriel in April on the pole with 0.14 straight through and Grey Hydro equivalent. It was no contest, I thought I had it beaten twice before it woke up and headed towards the far bank and smashed me!

I would recommend a minimum of 6lb line as you never know when you might hook one of over 2lb. lol

As for bait, bread is far and away the number one, but as Wilf suggests, meaty baits sometimes do very well. Bacon is a particular fave at Stoke Gabriel Millpond.
      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
      Check out:
      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

working in exmouth

Comment

Working...
        X