Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hunstrete Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunstrete Lakes

Hi,

Please can anyone help with a little advice on how Bridge Pool & Withy Pool Fish these days. Last time I fish there was as a Bathampton Junior/Colt about 2001 before they were changed.

From reading match results and reviews I can see pretty much all the usual baits will work. I am really after peg info & Middle Near/far shelf's depth and what strength lines to use, so I can make a few up at home.

All help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.. Pete

hi pete,
    i recently fished an open there (bridge pool) and pellet ruled the day for the carp. skimmers can be caught on pole with caster, 3mm pellet over groundbait. there are lots of good pegs, 16 had the match record recently 200lb plus, 24 carp upto 13lb on paste in the margins. as for lines etc, 8lb line for the real monsters, would not go lower than 5lb for hooklengths.
    any peg will produce, tight up against far bank if you can reach, peg 23 (i think) you can fish both sides of the island about 12m across. they run an over 55 and disabled match on a thursday and they have some huge weights. if you get a chance, pop into bacons and speak to dave.
    let me know if you fancy a day out there, i need the practice on the pellet. cheers mark
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mark, thats really helpful. I'm in serious need of practice too after a long lay off from the match scene. I'm going to try and get a few sessions in then start up on the opens end of August. Always up for a days fishing anytime.. Do you have any info on depths as well? Cheers... Pete

Comment

i think bridge pool has a fair depth in most places , 7 feet to about 4 feet in the channels and anything to a few inches in the margins. my knowledge is a bit limited to bridge pool, and i dont know much about that. i will keep an ear out and see if theres any new info. cheers mark..
        :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Working...
        X