Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hawford bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawford bridge

I have a match on willow (middle?) pool soon does anyone have any info on how it is fishing lately? Never fished it before what are the baits ,tactics etc. Any advice appreciated. cheers

if u draw either of the side banks or the bank with the top pool the back of ya then u can catch right down the edge feeding at least 8 cans of corn.
    u will catch off all pegs fishin soft pellet an feedin hard 4mm at 4 to 5metres out or fish the pellet wag to the island an u must fish a line about 11metres out 12 inches deep an keep sprayin the pellets over it an fish a banded pellet...its a very good venue...hope this helps m8.....

Comment

Thanx m8. I might give them a ring and see if its available for pleasure fishing on Saturday.
      What size do the fish go? Elastic size? Thanx again

Comment

theres a lot of fish in that pool around the 1 to 2lb mark,but theres a good head of ghosties which fight like tyson an run to around the 20lb mark.as far as your elastic size goes,it all depends upon what peg u draw m8.if u draw a open water peg ide fish 12 elastic up in the water on 0.15 powerline.if u draw a peg with reeds infront of u then u will need to go heavier....all the best for the match...an let us now how u get on....

Comment

thanx again. I have phoned them and the water is free on Sat so I am going to have a bit of practice. Thanx again for the info Cheers

Comment

jimbo tackle up m8 plenty rigs cause u will get smashed,we fished it last weekend it fished great but there were a hell of alot fish lost. if fishin pole 16 elastic min 6lb line,but i would definatly take the rod aswell an fish8llb sraight though on float.down the edge as close to the bank as u can on pole or rod 8 tins of corn good luck u will need it!!

Comment

ps,dont go chasin ghosts

Comment

cheers Dave

Comment

Working...
                X