Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

calf heath marina fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calf heath marina fishery

does any no anything about this fishery went down today and had a look and there was some big carp on top
    so just wanted to no anything about this fishery ?

not certain but think day tickets are available a season ticket is not dear.
    Theres one or two on here who will give you better info tho

Comment

Hi Danny1234 - its had a couple of stockings this year - I'll pm you Andy Small's (the owner) tel and mail address so you can contact him for more info
      Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

do you no how its fishing cus wen i went down its very clear hes got barlie straw all round the pool some big carp on top tho

Comment

Sorry can't help - not been down since April
          Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

I THINK YOU MEAN CALF HEATH RESERVOIR. IF SO THERES STACKS OF BREAM AND ROACH, PELLET CASTER CORN, FISHMEAL GROUNDBAIT ARE THE USUAL. THE POINT PEGS NUMBERED IN THE 50's ARE HOT SPOTS, BUT THE DAM WALL IS VERY GOOD. TO BE HONEST THERES A LOT OF FISH IN THE WATER.
            DONT FISH FOR THE CARP BUT I KNOW LOADS ARE CAUGHT CLOSE IN AND SOME GOOD FISH TOO.

Comment

No he means calf heath marina. Next to the staffs/worcs canal at calf heath. We used to fish it years ago when it was all tench, roach and bream. Had a walk round a few weeks ago and they were busy cleaning the pool of overhanging branches and laying new pegs. Unsure how it is fishing though.

Comment

hey if you mean calf health res well i fish there, its ok if you like catching Bream & Carp. Ive fished a number of pegs but best is the at the point. there is a gravel bar about a few rod lengths out. if you can hit this you will catch carp all day! however it hasnt been fishing too well at the minute. Well i have been struggling so i had changed to using Zig Rigs which has produced a number of carp for me.

The fishing here tho isnt day ticket tho its season tickets, its £20 for the year which is cheap as chips really!

Comment

Originally posted by danny1234 View Post
                  does any no anything about this fishery went down today and had a look and there was some big carp on top
                  so just wanted to no anything about this fishery ?
                  fished this venue last wednesday 30th sept its 5pound for day ticket. had 5 tench and 3 carp to 3lb and about a dozen roach and perch all on double red maggot. gates dont open till 8 o clock

Comment

Working...
                  X