Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

leamington lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leamington lakes

fishin a club match there for 1st time in mid september. but as location is not very local cant get to practise. so any knowledge of match pool would be more than welcome. thanks....

are you talking about lemington lakes in moreton in the marsh? i was there at the weekend and its solid wiv fish!!!

Comment

If its Lemington at moreton-on-the marsh. Ust to fish it a lot, unfortunately the owners wife is a right old misery guts. We had a cancer charity match there a few years ago, after the match she wouldnt let us back into the cafe to do the prizes and had to stand outside in the pouring rain.

Also i was pleasure fishing the match lake( soild with carp by the way) and i was told by her that in her opinion i was tipping the fish back to far from the landing net into the water, which i wasn't but what really annoyed me is that it is also a caravan place and she didn,t bat en eyelid that the 4 guys from the caravan site were fishing across from me and were picking fish up in towels, running down the bank to show there mates the fish, swearing and generally being a pain in the a*** to other day ticket anglers on the lake. It may be that beacuase they were paying a wad of cash to birth there caravan that she was not bothered.

After that episode never went there agiain and I know a hell of a lot of people who were of the same opinon.

Comment

TinCanMan, if it's been a few years since you've been, the couple who used to run it have left and it's now under new ownership. If the lady you mention is who I think you mean, yes she could be a bit "grouchy" although she was always alright with me and would bring me a bacon sarnie or 3 to my peg if I asked nicely. One new rule to beware of if you fish the Tench lake is they insist on the use of a proper unhooking mat.... no taking the hook out while the fish is in the landing net balanced across your knees. Can't see why myself,but there you go.
        I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Debbie and andy who now run the place are a crackin couple and we were looked after very well. As for the fishing in the match lake its mainly carp in the 1 1/2lb to 2lb bracket wiv a few upto about 5lb. bigger fish caught on the method or pellet wag. 13m pole line is solid wiv the smaller carp, tench and bream just feeding 4mm wiv 6mm expander on the hook. feed with a catty 4 or 5 pellets every put in as the bigger fish seem to show up if u can get them goin up in the water.

Comment

just to let you know what we call the match lake is now a specci lake
            the lake was called westminster which had a good head of carp from all
            sizes and you could catch on any method
            the new match lake you can catch on most baits
            i find it better if you fish a feeder while feedind at 13m and the margins
            but do touch you inside like till you se the fish turning up the bottom
            go to the web site and it will give you more details

Comment

I'm here for a weeks holiday next week. Anybody fished any of the lakes recently?

Comment

john all the lakes are the same really
                apart from the tench lake they all have a deep part
                but no islands meat corn pellet
                small feeder pole line have several lines
                try the paste
                i tend to use a preston pellet feeder with a small white boilie

Comment

Thanks mate, i was going to try softened micro's on the method with a 6mm Sonu s pellet.

White boile sounds good though. Does Pellet Wagg get much action?

Comment

was there 2 weeks ago for a weeks holiday and caught plenty on the pellet wag wen conditions allowed. also found had more bites on small red boilies fished on the method than i did with white but definately worth having both with you!

Comment

Ann &Bill were the original owners and you think they were grumpy not a patch on Debbie, the most unhelpful person i have ever met. I dont know if its a personal thing against match anglers but god is she a grinch with attitude. I know loads of anglers who will never go there again until she changes her ways,it must cost them thousands of lost revenue especialy in winter when the place is devoid of anglers.

Comment

Working...
                      X