Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

mill ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mill ride

hi all,
    Anyone got info on millride in essington, got a match there sunday, never fished it and know nothing at all about it. don't even know how to get there. Nothin like preparing in advance is there. HELP lol.

bttt

Comment

Which pool mate, there's 3 or 4....

Carl.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

there is a few pools there mate need to know which 1 b4 offering any advice

Comment

i'm told the top pool if that makes any sense. i thought there was only one match pool but could be wrong.

Comment

bttt

Comment

aint actually fished that pool mate, i fished the 1 called the tower house its 1 of mill rides pools, i know the method feeder works well on there using 2mm pellets binded around it instead of groundbait, an chop worm an caster on the pole, i aint sure weather it'l be the same sort of thing on that pool or not mate

Comment

thanks vard, i have a feeling that we may be on the tower actually. whats the average weight and is it most carp or should i expect a mixed bag. is it possable to build a weight of silvers?

Comment

on the tower house, u will bulid a weight of silvers but it wont really stand a chance if some1 lands on the carp they am all big lumps, ive fished 2 matches there recently an 96lb an 64lb won them, both by the same person using the method feeder an chop worm an caster, some of the anglers only catched 3 or 4 fish but still weighed in 30-40lb, which shows for its self the size of the lumps in there.

Comment

if your on the top pool meat or pellet and paste works well the pools am fishing badly latley the owner is thinking about shuting it down for 3 months but there is a match pool over the other side of the motorway which is millrides pool so u will prob be fishing tha

go along the m6 on to junction 11 and its on your left there

i think i posted this to late lol

Comment

if your on the first pool as you go in millride its shallow at the marrow end but deeper at the other i fish it in the winter with punch or maggot there is loads of silvers in there but again use the mormal carp approach as well, if its tower house start on the method and stay on it !!! keep feedin worm caster at 9 meters for a couple of hours dont go on it for 2 or 3 hours you will catch carp and skimmers on it feed full kinder pot every other fish but if catchin on the method stay on it as close to the island as you can get it, but find out which pool mate will help us givin the right advise
                      [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X