Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

camping on the lakes? newby asking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camping on the lakes? newby asking!

Hey there, i actaully posted this in the new section too, you can tell i'm a bit wet behind ears!!! I'm very much an angling begginner - i've done 3 sea fishing trips this year in portugal and the UK mainly mackeral and i seem to have the bug. I'm trying to organise a camping/fishing trip this weekend at one of the fisheries. But being new to it all i'm a little confused - i have sumners ponds on my shortlist so far - my ideal weekend would be, a tent pitch on the bank, log fire, bbq, day and night fishing with a few cans....am i asking to much?? did i mention i have no gear/tackle yet??
    also forgot to mention i'm london based and would ideally be looking for somewhere in the sout east, beds/surrey/essex/kent
    any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

I dont know your neck of the woods mate,but i think the venue you are looking for is on fantasy island,almost all waters have bans, apart from baits tackle tactics and access,they include tents(bivvies only) fires,bbqs(some even ban cooking on the bank),children,alcohol and night fishing.most of this is down to a small minority abuseing the privelidge.i do hope you find a venue to suit but i think you may have to change your expectaions slightly.best of luck.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

cheers peter, i sort of expected that answer. thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

Dont be put off mate,night fishing is great fun and can be very rewarding,its just that there are alot of R&Rs you need to take into account.there are places that allow tents, some allow bbqs,on some you can have a sensible drink etc butyou need to check out the rules first.this is why i do it.
        Last edited by hurricane; 1 September 2009, 04:24 PM.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
        X