Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bonehill mill Match advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonehill mill Match advice

hi all

i have a match on the big pool at Bonehill Mill...
    anyone got any advice n tips how to fish it n has anyone fished there lately?

Dazzjames
    Bonehill Mill

Neil Jackson on 07861391916 for details of Sat n Wed opens... Sunday evening open matches to start in May....

[url]www.bonehillmill.co.uk[/url]

Mill Tackle 07872067558

well the pellet waggler has been catching and when the bites dry up they have been switching to the staight lead to catch. I personally use the pole up there and dont stop catching on pellet. I use there 4mm feed and 6mm expanders. you can catch at any length but the closer in you can get them the better. Also its very silty and you have to adjust your depth as where the fish have been feeding on you bait it goes deeper. You can also phone the owner Neil on 07861391916 for up to date info. Not only is it stocked to the brim with carp, its full of good size bream,ide,barbel and silvers.
    Let us all bag up

Comment

thanx
      Bonehill Mill

Neil Jackson on 07861391916 for details of Sat n Wed opens... Sunday evening open matches to start in May....

Mill Tackle 07872067558

Comment

let us know how you got on and all the best
        Let us all bag up

Comment

will do...

thx
          Last edited by dazzjames; 28 August 2009, 10:41 PM.
          Bonehill Mill

Mill Tackle 07872067558

Comment

hi monty3597

we fished our match today at Bonehill..

i was on peg 18 n won the match with just over 62lb or carp, i started on the method will 2mm pellets n 6mm expander on hair ( had 4 carp) all the time firing 8mm pellets over the top then switched to pellet wag after 1hr had 6 or 7 fish on the wag, tried margins after 1hr on wag n didnt have a touch, swapped over to the bomb with 8mm pellet n caught steady for rest of match every now n then trying the margins but i didnt have 1 bite from there

thx again for advice

Dazzjames
            Last edited by dazzjames; 1 September 2009, 11:41 PM.
            Bonehill Mill

Mill Tackle 07872067558

Comment

well done mate, its a good venue aint it
              Let us all bag up

Comment

yeh cracking place.... mite get the bottle up to enter one of their opens soon lol
                Bonehill Mill

Mill Tackle 07872067558

Comment

yeah have a go, neil the owner wins most of them, hes a good angler
                  Let us all bag up

Comment

just logged onto the thread, i'm on there on sunday for the first time thanks for the info guys will let you know how it went
                    please let me draw a flyer

Comment

good luck with your match are you on dales pool?
                      Let us all bag up

Comment

good luck
                        Bonehill Mill

Mill Tackle 07872067558

Comment

yes, fished ashleys before but never the bigger pool, always up for the challenge, live & learn!

Comment

Most of the matches/opens are being won or framed from pegs 12 to 18 at the moment. The weights are starting to come down a little now as things start to cool down a bit. 100+lbs winning weights a few weeks ago are becoming 70's and 60's now The bomb with hair rigged pellet is working just about the best at the moment, combined with a tea-bag and catapulting loose pellet over the top just in-case they decide to come up to the pellet wagler/candle if it warms up slightly during the day.
                            If you happen to be on the wind facing side with a near bank feature, don't ignore the margin pole/paste combo as an altenative, but keep those feed pellets going out on the bomb/wag line.
                            "Here fishy, fishy, fishy........"

Comment

fished my match today, drew peg 14, fished pole under the trees to the left & right & out in front while firing 8mm pellets into open water, had one roach on the pole went out on the straight lead with banded 8mm not a touch. went onto the pellet waggler after 2hours caught first cast & finished with 47lb13oz to win the match thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X