Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pool house farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pool house farm

hi, im thinking about going this weekend. Has anybody fished it and got some tips on how to approach it e.g best methods to fish, baits, pegs . Are you aloud to fish two rods and can you use a keepnet, also does anybody know whether it will be busy as i hear it is a small venue.

Only 22 pegs on there - best check no matches on.
    Nets were only allowed in matches.
    Pegs higher up on the LHS looking from the car park were decent - you'll recognise the 'features'
    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

as above check for matches as you used to have to queue up for when they finish. Plenty of bait restrictions so stick to maggot if you must but caster and corn a better bet. I am sure cedric will let you know where is fishing and buy your ticket before going to the bank as its a quid more,you used to be able to reserve pegs if you pre-paid but not sure if you can now. Worth a call though

Comment

I aint fished it for three years, but as been said pegs 4 and 5 are good theres lillies there in summer may not yet be showing , same for pegs 16 and 17 on right hand side of pool either side of the footbridge, best tactics at this time of the year i found to be feed caster on both margin swims and one out in front anything around 10 metre will do keep on dripping the caster in and fish will move onto them, change baits can be maggot or corn, give the margin lines an hour or so then have a look the crucians in there love the margins and if you get them to respond then 40lb+ is not impossible.pegs 19 and 20 either side of a hawthorn bush had a small clump of lillies as well i allways caught of them two pegs. Later in the year feed riddled meat and fish punched meat over the top.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Fish high up in the water if sunny cubes of meat 18 inchs deep or bread floating, i've done 60lb+ quite a few times but tends to be later in the evening when they come to the surface.

If the going is hard fish half a grain of corn very light tatics literally top three section too hand you will catch nice roach + rudd and easily put 20 + in the net. If you manage to get the platform peg fish tight to the lillys either paste or single meat 1 inch over depth if your lucky enough the tench will show and there are some nice 4lb + in there. If your still unsure speak with Cedric the owner he will tell you in the in baits at the moment and is a great bloke he knows the place inside out. I won a contest using the half a piece of corn tactics whilst everyone else struggled.
          here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Originally posted by tk
            Only 22 pegs on there - best check no matches on.
            Nets were only allowed in matches.
            Pegs higher up on the LHS looking from the car park were decent - you'll recognise the 'features'
            Nets are allowed for pleasure fishing, but no Common or Mirror to be retained.

Comment

Working...
            X