Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Gloucester Canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloucester Canal

I have a few matches comming up on the gloucester canal...I have never fished it before any advice on rigs, elastics, feeder setups etc...baits/groundbait

hello mate, i fished a couple of matches there years ago, very deep, and caster was the top bait. long pole, won the matches i fished, but i think the feeder was most consistent . not much help to you i know, cheers. mark
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

its deep thats for sure, depends what section you on but if your down near the new bend they have been catching bream across into the old bit with the feeder, worm caster, maggot they'll eat it

Comment

think Fordy may be ablle to help you on this one

Comment

What area of the canal are you fishing, and what time of year ?

Comment

sorry hempsted area and the matches start october but I am going to have a couple of sessions before then to get used to the depth and get rigs and elastics sorted...

Comment

Hi jamie haent fished it this year so far but will probably have a few matches on there from oct onwards i would fishpole at about 11-13 mtrs few balls of groundbait and lightly loosfeed over the top pegs 45 -55 in the wider section very good on feeder with worm and caster lot of anglers using liquidized bread and if theres any fish about it seems to outfish groundbait its fairly deep so make rigs about 5-6 mtrs deep 1.5 -2 grams about right elastic because of depth and some big fish dont go to light use about 5-6 feed pole line and fish feeder to get some bait out after 45 mins try pole line see if anythings there then just alternate between the 2 if you are fishing early pegs roach may show again liquidized bread on feeder with a few pinkies good luck let us know how you get on.

Comment

cheers, its a start...

Any clue on a g-bait mix?

where's ideal to fish the feed? bottom of the far shelf?

Comment

i use sensas lake 50 -50 with brown crumb for the bream and liquidized bread if after roach some of the people i fish with use liquidised bread all the time and they have very good results still put a little worm and a few pinkies in each feeder full if using liquid bread chop and change hook baits i find pinkie on hook best bait there are some big bream in 45-55 but you can catch odd ones anywhere. Try and go down for a practice session.

Comment

cheers I am going to go down for a practise...now I have a better idea

Comment

Working...
                    X