Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

warwickshire rivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warwickshire rivers

hi we are looking to fish a river either River Leam, Leamington or River Avon Warwick does anyone know where we can fish on day ticket and who to contact please in and around that area other suggestions would help

thanks

As far as I'm aware the Leam is private fishing to various clubs with no day tickets along most of it's length, although someone may correct me on that. As far as the Avon goes I think there may be some day ticket water around Warwick town. Your best bet is to phone Baileys Fishing Tackle in Warwick on 01926 491984. The lads in there will put you straight.
    I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Two good areas on the Avon at that end were Barford & Wasperton...
      Haven't fished here for years, but was great when I last fished 'em...

Remember some of the old Peg names, such as...'Concorde'...'Ghost Tree'...'Milk Crate'...'Propeller' etc

Comment

hi someone suggested the river behind the saxon mill pub anyone got info ie prices who to pay and whats fish in there

thanks alan

Comment

The Wasperton stretch is split between Leamington AA and Birmingham AA, no day tickets are available and i am pretty sure Barford is private too.

You can fish at Stratford on the lido day ticket and you can also fish from opposite the theatre at Stratford down to lucys mill on day ticket, this bit can be a bit busy in the summer due to tourists but is good fishing.

You can fish at Saxon Mill on day ticket.

A Leamington book is only £26 and is worth the money, if you look on their website there is a map of the waters on there.

Warwickshire Communities - Royal Leamington Spa Angling Association.       Membership only £28! Concessions £15.        

Comment

Originally posted by DaceAce View Post
            Two good areas on the Avon at that end were Barford & Wasperton...
            Haven't fished here for years, but was great when I last fished 'em...

Remember some of the old Peg names, such as...'Concorde'...'Ghost Tree'...'Milk Crate'...'Propeller' etc
            must of been a while mate be lucky to catch 5 pound there now even off the named pegs
            I want an end peg

Comment

thanks fletch for that will look into the £26.00 book
              i want to fish saxon mill next week i on holiday for week is the river right behind pub anyone know
              thanks

alan

Comment

Yes, the river is right behind the pub. It's been a while since i've been there but as I remember, you park in the pub car park and then follow the pathway to the right hand side of the pub, go over the bridge and you're there. I seem to remember the better fishing was downstream, but as I said, it's been a while.
                I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

thanks to all

Comment

Yes, park in pub car park and walk towards the pub and pass it on its right hand side, the upstream pegs to your left are better than they look, ideal for stick float. I think the lido stretch is better fishing. If you fish that then the best peg is downstream to your first big bend, the peg on the end point of the bend is a flyer, cast over to where a stream comes in and the chain is hanging down on the waggler or pole.

I would definately recommend the leamington book as you have some reaaly good water on it for the price.

Good luck.

Comment

Saxon Mill bellongs to Warwick angling Bloke by the name of Kieth Jenner is the secretary
                      01455 220045
                      [IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/PoleKillerphotos/dark_side_cookies.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                      X