Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Reccomend a venue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomend a venue...

This lucky chaps off work for the rest off the week,thinking of a pleasure trip near me(Derby/Notts)...after ideas lads...thanks.

no contest - dust your stick floats down and get on the trent, dove or derwent should be a bit of colour in them

Comment

depends how far you want to travel mick - if your after a cracking venue with full on site facilities ie cafe,parking near peg,toilets etc then give portland waters a bash four lakes to choose from but my pick would be the canal great fishing stocked with carp to double figures hard fighting barbel to 5/6lb,great silvers,tench and the odd ornamental goldfish to be had. depending whereabouts in derbyshire you are i'd reckon on about an hours drive - its situated on the A46 between newark and bingham signposted to a place called flintham, well worth the breakfast alone ! any more info happy to oblige
      Sean Hanrahan

Comment

I always recommend Springwood Mick, between Melbourne and Ashby de la Zouch.

Hemmington lakes apparantley good (was first described to me as a confidence boost lake), and also Castle Donington Lakes were recommended too me this weekend.

Only ever fished Springwood, but always seems to be someone fishing well against the islands.

Comment

how about freizland think its up that way somewhere
          [CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]NISA FEEDERS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"]BIOSOURCE BAITS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mickangler View Post
            This lucky chaps off work for the rest off the week,thinking of a pleasure trip near me(Derby/Notts)...after ideas lads...thanks.
            try place called robins wood m8. its a couple of miles from springwood.its in ticknal.try the match lake or bottom lake.paste pellet corn meat bag up on either.

Comment

Thanks for all replies,one venue does take my fancy...Robin Wood fisheries can't see venue on the map,so i'm wondering if some kind soul could indicate roughly where the ponds are..cheers..Mick

Comment

Thanks for all replies,one venue does take my fancy...Robin Wood fisheries can't see venue on the map,so i'm wondering if some kind soul could indicate roughly where the ponds are..cheers..Mick
                were abouts r u m8

Comment

Originally posted by strawb1963 View Post
                  were abouts r u m8

Pm sent

Comment

Hi Mick.

Did you try Robins Wood? Would be interested to see how you got on.

Cheers.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by shiny_bottom_1 View Post
                      Hi Mick.

Did you try Robins Wood? Would be interested to see how you got on.

Cheers.

Chris

No i did'nt mate,but went up for a look yesterday afternoon,2 guys was fishing the small pool near car park,spoke to them and thay wer'nt doin a lot,nobody on match lake and about 3 on the one beyond match lake,but this was 3 pm ish,been to a local pond near me this morn(ilkeston manor floods @6.30 am), and had a bagfull of nice roach,still looking for my first tench in 20 odd years though,but it was'nt to be,don't know what i'm doin wrong..lol

Comment

No Probs Mick. Trying to find out some more information about some other lakes near Robins Wood. Will let you know what I find, and then if it looks good.

If you have any more spare time, would recommend Springwood still (will probably go Friday next week if I dont get anywhere with these other lakes). Have had a few tench the odd tench from Peg 10 in the margins to the left, and lillies to the right. I've never had a bad day (one or two bad evenings). Carp, Tench, Skimmers/Bream, Perch, Roach/Ide, Chub - Had them all out at Peg 10. The odd barbel in there too.
                        Top lake is meant to be good as well. I think younger fish, but they put up a better fight. Some nice ghosties too.

Any more trips planned?

Comment

No i did'nt mate,but went up for a look yesterday afternoon,2 guys was fishing the small pool near car park,spoke to them and thay wer'nt doin a lot,nobody on match lake and about 3 on the one beyond match lake,but this was 3 pm ish,been to a local pond near me this morn(ilkeston manor floods @6.30 am), and had a bagfull of nice roach,still looking for my first tench in 20 odd years though,but it was'nt to be,don't know what i'm doin wrong..lol
                          Wow, Manor doesn't fish that well now days, unless you're a Carp angler.. mind you its now a Syndicate carp place... Boo.
                          Keen angler when I get the time!!! Life and Work seem to have taken over my precious fishing time recently. Run a Fishing Related design agency in the East Midlands - http://www.fishhookdigital.co.uk.

Also a shameless plug, if you are looking for Carp for restocking a pond / fishery, check out Steve White's Carp For Sale.

Comment

this thread is 8 years old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes....for some reason he keeps answering posts from a decade ago....probably just to publicise his web address...mods take note!!

Comment

Working...
                              X