Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Donnington lake-Rycroft hemmington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnington lake-Rycroft hemmington

Got a match on this lake (and the carp lake in a couple of weeks). Never fished the Donnington lake so anyone got any tips? I've heard its mainly big carp but my source of info isn't always accurate. So can anyone help with any info??? Cheers

Hi
    cat meat

Comment

Apparantley, theres two sets of lakes. Some at Hemmington, and then another (At least one) at Donnington.
      Hearing that Hemmington (Ryecroft) is good, but also heard that Donnington lakes are good too?

Comment

Yes shiny there are i think four lakes (with a fifth being dug out at the moment) at hemmington, of which i have fished the main lake and the canal. Then there's the donnington lake whch is a short car journey away. Like i said i haven't fished Donnington lake before hence my request for advice. I took a walk round it the other week but didn't see anyone catch anything (although i wasn't there that long).

Comment

There were a couple of blokes at the lake I go to talking about Donnington, and said its a good-un to fish (and they prefer to Hemmington - but not sure why).
          They didnt talk about their tactics, but when ever I see them, they fish a groundbait feeder with pepperoni and also popcorn (but not sure if they are allowed at Donnington).

Comment

emptynet i fish the opens every week which are fished on all the lakes, donnington lake has 28 pegs on it and is shaped like an hour glass.pegs 1-4 and 25-28 are in the first bay this is a good area if the wind is blowing into it depths in this area are up to 12 feet deep,peg 1 is a flyer of a margin peg with some double figure fish in the reeds. pegs 5 -6 and 23 -24 are in the narrow section of the lake you do not want to draw here depth wise 6 to 8 feet, fish paste at 9m and a margin line . pegs 7-12 and 17 - 22(22 is flyer) are in the wide area so you have plenty of room for the method or pellet wag if the weather is ok,fish paste on the 9m line and margin line as well, up to 16 feet deep here pegs 13 -16 are in the bottom bay that is 8feet deep, i would just fish the paste swim. the average fish is about 5lb but there is a large shoal of last years stocked fish at 2 lb,then the lumps can go up to low twenties . hope thi helps, let us know how you get on

Comment

Thanks carpus thats very helpful. The match isn't for a few weeks yet so hopefully i'll get chance to pop down for a practice session in the next week or two but i'll let you know how i get on. Think i need to sort myself out with a good margin pole as i don't think mine will cope with much above 5lb. Out of interest what days are the opens held?

Comment

the opens are every saturday draw is in the cafe normal turn out 15 - 20 the matches are rotated over 4 lakes so you will have to ring up to se witch lake its on ring the baliff mark on 07816052235 he will give you all the latest info

Comment

i know hemmington insideout donno is 14ft deep in places mainly around 9ft thought have the first hour on the tip and let your pole lines settle they spooke easy. baits are pellet,paste corn lunchion meat (not cat meat its &&&&) and caster for the silvers. feed 4mm pellets and micros. dont go down the margin untill the last hour and a half feed it every half hour thought. use 7lb line down the margin but out in front of you use 5lb. dont be affraid too feed ether hope it helps. if you draw an end peg dont get your hopes up there all or nothing good luck mate let us know how you get on.

Comment

i had a 20 out on paste on sunday they dont average that big but there are some beasts.

Comment

Thanks george/carpus again........going for a practice next weekend hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                      X