Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Earlswood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earlswood

Hi
    Is it true that loads of fish are dying here??

How is it fishing. Was going to go on Tuesday but dont know now.

Thanks
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]NISA FEEDERS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"]BIOSOURCE BAITS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

it has blue green algy but the fish where fine i went there last week and had over a 100lb in 4 hours so it is fishing ok aswell

Comment

i always aproach the day there starting with the method feeder or a little 1oz bomb to start with then move on to the pellet waggler later on in the day an always have way over
      100lb if ur planning on fishing the engine lake that is mate

Comment

Earlswood

Hi Jamie

We had a club match on the Engine yesterday (Sunday 6/9/09). Peg 78 140lb, Peg 77 83lb, Peg 71 77lb and Peg 68 69lb. Yes there is blue/green algae in the water and that reduces the oxygen levels in the water, so the fish are far more reluctant to feed. That winning weight was only 13 fish in 5 hours (ave 11lb each!).

Some of our guys only managed one or two fish, the match on the opposite bank seemed to be struggling. Rain Sunday night into Monday will have helped but the temp is set to be 24 on Tuesday and that might cause another bloom.

As for the reports of dead fish, we only saw one, which on a fishery with the vast number of fish that Earlswood holds is nothing.

The one bait that did seen to attract a bit of fishy attention was an 8mm white chocolate pellet! When "Laney" put it on the hair, it completely changed his match, alternating between bomb and wag at only 25m.

Good Luck
        "Here fishy, fishy, fishy........"

Comment

saw brian foster today and he said he struggled. only had 2 carp i think.
          i fished 72 and my dad fished 73 and had about 18 fish a piece. my dad fished method with 8mm banded pellet or ringers 8mm white boilies and i fished straight lead with either 8mm banded pellet or 10mm floating pellet popped up about 10" off bottom
          [CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]NISA FEEDERS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"]BIOSOURCE BAITS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X