Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Swanlands - Thorne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swanlands - Thorne

Got a match there in a fortnight, don't know anything about it including how to get there. Any directions, venue details/advice would be very much appreciated!!

Originally posted by PACMAN View Post
    Got a match there in a fortnight, don't know anything about it including how to get there. Any directions, venue details/advice would be very much appreciated!!
    Found out where it is now, thanks, also that there are two lakes, Charlotte's and Burglar?? Anyone know anything about how to fish the place??

Comment

which lake you on mate
      nige cooke

Comment

fished it a couple of seasons ago,,,swanland that is,,burgar had only just been built,,,,!
        it was mainly a maggot water then and its quite deep too,,, maybe 8 or 9 ft!
        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Thanks guys, I think we're on Burgar which appears to be the new one. I spoke to our secretary who said "it's not a carp puddle" but gave little else away other than "it's about 12 meters to an island on most pegs"??
          Any other tips would really be appreciated!!

Comment

i don,t think its over stocked with carp .depths vary from one end to the other. there are bream ide and tench and if you have got the lake to yourselves spread out because he lets pleasure anglers on i would take soft pellet maggot and some corn and fish tight and light
            nige cooke

Comment

Originally posted by cookie44 View Post
              i don,t think its over stocked with carp .depths vary from one end to the other. there are bream ide and tench and if you have got the lake to yourselves spread out because he lets pleasure anglers on i would take soft pellet maggot and some corn and fish tight and light
              Thanks Cookie, there is usually 20-25 of us so hopefully we should get the whole lake!!

Comment

Working...
              X