Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Birch House Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birch House Lakes

Thinking of fishing Birch House Lakes,7 pools to choose from ,but the question is ?which one..bearing in mind just goin for a couple of hours PF..CHEERS
    Last edited by Mickangler; 12 September 2009, 10:44 AM.

Where to fish Birchhouse

Hiya mate.

Ive been to birchhouse a few times this year, and id reccomend the second lake you come to.Not the one you see as you drive in, the one that looks like a bit of canal next to it, on the other side of the car park. This is around 5 foot deep, and is packed with heafty carp, (so beefy tackle is advised). The bait of choice is either pellet or maggot, with corn coming in a close third. Ive fished on the pole and on waggler here, both with top results, but a word to the wise, arival at sunrise or just before produces the best catches.
    Hope this helps.
    I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do

Comment

first lake produces really good weights really close in the margins with either corn or pellet

Comment

Right chaps ended up fishing Birch House Lakes today,and i can honestly say that since my return to angling this as by far been my best day up to now.
        Fished the Horseshoe lake,which apparantly is only stocked with carp,which explains why i had naff 1st hour initially,until the bloke on the next peg told me to try corn on the feeder,up until then i was using worm.
        Right using the basket feeder,filled with bits of corn,and here's the best bit,mixing caperplan ground bait(decathlon) with some 4 mill pellet which i soaked for 1/2 hour before mixing...anyway pulled out 3 carp and lost 6 fish so good and bad.

So i can reccomend this venue to anyone..a good day was had by all.

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...g_trip_003.jpg
        Last edited by Mickangler; 12 September 2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X