Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

looking for some where good at bewdley or ironbridge telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some where good at bewdley or ironbridge telford

Im new to this site and just starting getting back in to my fishing after a few years, Im looking for a good place to fish on the river seven either at bewdley or telford, Im in birmingham i need a place to park is there any pubs you can park on next to the river that allow you to, Also im using a swim feeder so whats the best bait to use im hoping for some nice barbel and chub, Any help would be great, Thanks Rod

Harbour inn at Arley has a stretch where you can park behind your peg.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

hiya Lookin4barbel, welcome to the site mate.

4mm pellets/hemp in feeder, 6-8-10-14mm halibut pellets either banded or hair rigged for hook bait, will catch you chub and barbel, on middle Severn, or take 4pints maggots and 2 hemp, fish 2-3 maggots on hook, will also catch. Aint many places you can park behind your peg, but there is the brewery inn water at coalport, short walk, and as hurricane said the harbour inn at Arley. On the lower severn there is Ripple and Ladyham on BAA water, £30.00 per year or £6.00 day purchase tickets before you go on BAA water though.

good luck mate

Comment

I fished the Harbour water at Arley last year and they'd stopped you parking behind your pegs like we used to a few years ago. You have to park in the designated area nearer to the gate and walk across unless they've changed it since.
        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM RATTLER View Post
          I fished the Harbour water at Arley last year and they'd stopped you parking behind your pegs like we used to a few years ago. You have to park in the designated area nearer to the gate and walk across unless they've changed it since.
          Its a couple of years since i fished it so you could well be right mate,its still an easy walk and at least the car is parked,as its a nightmare to park in Bewdley esp at the weekend.guess its back to Manor farm for me then.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Hi. I've been looking into this myself and bought a copy of the BAA Handbook the other day. However, it contains nothing that isn't available on their website. From what I can gather the best barbel stretches are running south from Bridgnorth (Knowle Sands/Danery) down to Stourport (Ribbesford/Lickhill), the majority of which can be fished on a BAA day ticket. The website (link below) details each of their stretches and where you can park...

Birmingham Anglers Association

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, Going to try the hemp and maggot out, Going down this weekend so i hope the weather holds ,, SO thanks again lads

Comment

Working...
              X