Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Packington Somers Which pool/bait for Tench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packington Somers Which pool/bait for Tench?

Hi. I'm off to Packington Somers this week. Could anyone advise if any particular pool/s are better than others if targetting Tench. Also, is any bait particularly recommended when float fishing?

Cheers, Richard.

For crucians and tench[to about 4lb]i normally fish grats pool.The tench seem to be on the far side with numbers 10-12 a decent area.I only use 4mm pellets and feed 4mm pellets.It doesnt hurt to fish over a ball of groundbait.I fish two lines one at about 5 metres and one at 8 metres.You dont need to fish any further.There is an island at about 20 metres max which the carp patrol but i dont normally need to bother with it.Its about 5 feet deep at 8 metres with a nice flat bottom,the tench will take paste also.Next to grats is a very small pool called crescent which has a lot of tench in but not many pegs on it.Its stuffed with small silvers which can be a nuisance.But because its so small and weedy it would be easier to catch the tench,just fish against the weed.But every pool at packington has got tench in but if you only want tench then the pools i have suggested should be ok.Personnally i fish mainly little gearies as its probably the most consistent lake on the complex,but although you catch tench the predominant species is carp and skimmers.Hope this has helped,also ask the bailifs when you arrive and they can tell you what lake is fishing well etc,and hopefully you will catch plenty.
    good luck
    cornerstone.

Comment

fish packington a lot (at ieast one match a week & as much pleasure as i can) gratuaties is fishing the best of all the pools at the moment peg16 the flyer, pole at about 6m good luck!
      please let me draw a flyer

Comment

Excellent, looking forward to it. Cheers for the advice. Very much appreciated. Richard

Comment

Further to my above question/s, I've just found out from Packington that 'Halibut, trout or any high oil pellets are not allowed,' and additionally, no peas/beans, tiger or peanuts are allowed. Disappointing having bought bags of 4mm & 6mm Halibut pellets last week! I just wondered what sort of pellets you're using there or recommend?

Cheers, Richard.

Comment

Hi
            Just keep it simple,i fish 4mm expanders[natural-light colour]and feed 4mm feed pellets[coarse pellets].As i said earlier i like to put a ball of groundbait in to kick start the peg.
            good luck
            cornerstone.

Comment

halibut pellets were banned last year, the lodge sells a wide variety of pellets of all sizes which lots of open match anglers use including the staff themselves. so just turn up & take your choice.
              please let me draw a flyer

Comment

Cheers both

Comment

Working...
                X