Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Kingsbury Water Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsbury Water Park

Fishing Swan lake Sunday, any advice would be welcome as unlike others I've not been for a practice session
    SWANN'S BAITS 02476 402900

WATERCRAFT!!!! :D:rolleyes:

Is it that bad that no one has ever fished it?

Comment

Originally posted by Covblaze View Post
      Is it that bad that no one has ever fished it?
      our club fished it about 3 years or more ago every one blanked sorry to say never been back there.

Comment

bag of crap dont bother

Comment

Tried it once and won't be returning in a hurry. 1 tiny roach between 3 of us, trying everything we could for 8 hours!!

Comment

hi went there last week with brother in law load of crap had 1 bite between us

Comment

was a season ticket holder for many years in the 80s to 90s used to be exellent fishing on all the pools with a good input from the staff ( most of them anglers) & a regular input from severn trent. unfortunately being a council run facility the priority is now on family days out (swings train rides etc) fishing & fish stockings seem to have been neglected and a shadow of its former self with not many anglers visiting at all.
              please let me draw a flyer

Comment

Thanks for your replies, 3 of the lads in my club have had a practice there in the last week and had some decent perch (over a pound) a lot of blade roach on the waggler and a 2 lb tench on the pole so there are some fish in there, no bream though

Comment

Most of the bream died in a fish kill the other year
                  Let us all bag up

Comment

Originally posted by monty3597 View Post
                    Most of the bream died in a fish kill the other year
                    What sort of fish kill Monty?

Comment

i fished a match on the causeway two weeks ago. plenty of carp caught. they have restocked it.

Comment

was told buy the local tackle shop (allens of kingsbury) that causway pool has been restocked with small carp, so thats worth trying. personally i tend to think that after paying your day ticket & car entrance fee its not worth the money with the amount of commercials that are close by.
                        please let me draw a flyer

Comment

It wasnt disease I know that much, there was a right up in the local herald about it
                          Let us all bag up

Comment

hi,

i was a regular 10 years ago when the water park was in its prime... mainly because it had a good group of regulars who put the bait in.

i went to the swan pool last thursday, never had any of the bream and tench it is known for and yes i would go as far to say they are not there any more. tiny roach at 10,20,30,40,50 yards couldnt get through them. (tiny i mean 1 inch)

problem is each year the water park is level where the river floods making all the lakes one.

my advice is dont go, seriously.

methods of old for the swan are bream setup, and chuck it as far and as exact as you can.

i got the feeling the attention is more towards birdwatchers who spend a bit of money in the cafe.

£3. to get in the gate after paying £3. to fish come on guys.

Comment

And ref: stocking the causeway....

No way, they might have moved fish around, or taken from the stock lakes over broomy and put them in there (they have done the pegs to look nice) but as for spending money on the fishing NO WAY!!! this winter the lakes will flood as they do each year and any fish will go where they like hence the fact they wont buy and stock fish.

Its a water in decline. mismanaged.

should have spent thousands on fish, but got a train instead.

good luck on sunday, let us know how you get on.
                              Last edited by richierich2347; 25 September 2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X