Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Severn & Avon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn & Avon

Wandered down to the free stretch at Ripple in Tewkesbury today, looked good, pegs were nice, one Danish guy fishing for his tea he said - Zander! Has any one fished here at all, any methods, bait, are there any barbel, chub, bream here?

Also looked at the Avon at Twynning, next to the Fleet Inn, can you fish the river here? Is it any good, same advice as above would be good, Cheers.

Mark

hi mark welcome to the site mate.
    The Baa have the fishing rights to the next stretch down from Ripple free water, this contains roach,chub,bream,barbel,pike eels and zander, you can also park behind most pegs. They also have a stretch lower down, birds meadow, on the Avon they have a stretch at twyning,wood end, and mythe farm, bream,roach,eels chub, pike, and zander. you can fish these on 6-00 day ticket, this can be redeemed against cost of yearly membership of 30-00, have a look on here Birmingham Anglers Association, details/maps of all their fisheries around this area
    hope this helps

Comment

I've fished at Ripple a couple of times in the last month.
      The first time I had a few Bream and skimmmers on the feeder caught on pellet corn and bread, Im sure caster and maggot would have worked but it was a last minute thing and I didnt have any.
      The last time was a couple of Sundays ago and I didnt even get a line bite. I was chatting to another guy when I was packing up an he said its been like it since the floods but how true that is I couldnt say.
      Let us know how you get on if you have a go.

Comment

Working...
      X