Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Broad Acres/Main Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broad Acres/Main Lake

Hi guys i usually fish Charlie's pool at Broad Acres but want to try the above.
    Could any of you kind chaps fill me in on the best methods of tackling this water i.e. baits, pole/rod, pegs and just generally how to fish it?

Thanks,
    Adam.
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Anyone?
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Comment

If you fish there quite often,why not walk round and ask.

Comment

I have they usually say the usual like meat, corn and maggot but dont want to reveal a lot,
        So i was asking around for any additional info.

Comment

I'd have to say meat,corn and maggot,

Comment

Adam would you say Charlie's is better than Bills or not as I am there on Sunday and want to see if we can book up for next year, this will be twice now that we have been on Bill's
            [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
            106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

How come you don't book the main lake?

Comment

Because we all like the fact that Bill's and Charlie's give you a feature to fish to. Both are very even pools when it comes to pegging them out.
                Plus the fact they are out the way a bit so its quieter.
                [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

The main does fish a lot better with bigger fish but i can understand as bills and charlies are very secluded,bills is mainly carp but on charlies there is a better mix of fish,tench,bream etc.You will still catch mostly small carp and bream on charlies,iv'e only had a few tench out of there.

Comment

Cheers Maverboy, your obviously close are you from round my neck of the woods

Comment

Bromsgrove area yes,i've fished broadacres quite a lot over this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
                        I'd have to say meat,corn and maggot,
                        Lol cheers how would i go about fishing with these baits mate like margin or full length in front of me on the pole, waggler or feeder?

Maver-rich i couldnt really say becuase i only tend to fish charlies but bills i hear has more carp so i should say if you profer a mixed bag then charlies is the one.

Hope this helps?

Comment

Cheers both thanks for your advice and time.

I hope Bills fishes well on Sunday, mind you I need my 5th section to come back after being repaired otherwise I'm going to be sat there twiddling my thumbs LOL.

Comment

Depends where the fish are,feeder fishing the islands or pole out and the margins later on when i pleasure fish there,i ain't no expert though mate,do what you think works best.

Comment

Kk cheers might try pellet feeder to island with corn on hook, Maggot and corn down the edge and caster and meat out in front.

Oh yeah Maver-Rich do you get the fish up in the water when you fish Bill's?

Comment

Working...
                              X