Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tunnel Barn - Canal Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunnel Barn - Canal Pool

Hi - I am fishing TB Canal Pool this Saturday - any advice on baits and approach welcomed!

Hi Mal,

Ive fished this pool twice recently and done well on both occasions.

Both times I started off at around half way accross fishing on the deck throwing small 6mm cubes of meat and 4mm pellets at the float by hand.

I stayed on this rig catching small barble and tench until i saw signs of fish coming up in the water (which didnt take long).

I then went shallow on the same line (about 16 inches deep) still throwing meat and pellets by hand and once they were coming, at times i couldnt get it back in fast enough!

I did well over a ton on the 1st session which was a practice session, and then did just under 60 Lb doing exactly the same in the match the following weekend.

The winner fished meat tight accross almost in the grass on the 3rd peg from the left on the side with the club house and other lakes behind you.

Good luck and let me know how you get on!
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

thanks Blueser for the info - very interesting
      what weight did the winner have and what was his catch?
      Regards Mal

Comment

Hi Mal,

Around 70 lb, mate, nearly all carp.
        To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Maggot about 6 metres or down the edge

Comment

Mal,

Pellet across keepiing the feed tight and not going over the top (no big pots)

Then a 6m line with maggot just fed by hand all day and they will come shallow here

Also down the insides left and right on your top 4 again with pellet is normally best.

Its best not to mix maggot and pellet on one line. Decide what your gonna fish where and stick to that.

Comment

Cheers Jake
              and here's me thinking you only go to Hillview!

Comment

fished winter league there last year will be this year and been down quite a few times through the summer lol

Comment

Dont rule out the meat.

There were lots of fish caught in this during our last match.

Comment

on the turn now though mate im sure they will want pellet more tha n meat

Comment

Reckon the females would still prefer a bit of meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X