Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pier fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pier fishing

i am off to whitby this friday and i have borrowed a 3lb test curve carp rod will this do for a bit of pier fishing and anybody know what size leads i will need i will be fishing 2 hrs before high tide and 2hrs after but i haven,t told missus yet she will have to manage
    nige cooke

As long as you keep to a max of 4oz leads and dont try to cast to Germany lol you should be ok mate.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

if your gonna be casting any distance you will need a shockleader of at least 10lb for every ounce you chucking, you have to think of everyones safety as well as your own
      i've seen some accidents and very near misses whilst beachcasting with people trying to cast without shockleaders suicide!!!

Comment

If your fishing off the pier,you shoud'ny need to cast that far really,50 or 60 yds will do ya.

Comment

i have watched them fishing before and they don,t seem to be chuckin that far but i get your point about safety i wouldnt want a 4oz led at back of me lugholes
          nige cooke

Comment

tunna is right you will need 40lb shockleader and rule of thumb is length of your rod and 2 turns round the spool.Shock Leader knot and shock leaders for surfcasting Striped Bass

Comment

Striped Bass Fishing - Stripers 247.com - Saler Striped Bass Fishing and freshwater reports and Striper Fishing hybrid striped bass

Comment

Working...
              X