Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River Trent - South Derbyshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Trent - South Derbyshire

Just wondering if anyone had some advice for fishing the River Trent in South Derbyshire?

Looking to try it for a day, and havnt got much of a clue.

Noticed that most people were float fishing and just letting the waggler float down the river for bites.

Cheers.

Hi Peeps.

Don't worry about this one. I've decided not to do it, and can't get a day ticket nearby.
    Have given up on this idea for next season.

Mods - Thread can be deleted.

Comment

There used to be a day ticket stretch at Catton Hall, behind the day ticket pit.

Near Alrewas just off the Tamworth road.

Comment

Cheers Droid.

I was looking to go for an annual membership next year, and wanted to try our the waters.
        Unfortunately I was looking to go where I planned to fish, but was surprised that no-one would offer a day ticket or even grace to fish it for a couple of hours.

I think i've made up my mind for next year. A selection of a few pools on a National heritage site.
        No major fish to play for (but speaking to the secretary, there have been some nice fish (20lb+ carp, 4lb+ perch)).
        A silvers lake, a tench lake and a carp lake. A little stretch of the trent, and a couple of other pools. Not commercial as such, but sounds interesting. Just need to have a look around, but sounds right up my street and tactics. Apparantley some re-stocking for next year too.
        £40 for the year, and £20 for an annual dinner at the national heritage abbey.

Sounds perfect, and would ave me a fortune over this years commercial fork outs!

Comment

Working...
        X