Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

straight mile fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straight mile fishery

as anyone fished it recently and no winning weights/baits/methods etc.
    is it a waste of time targeting the carp at this time of year as i know there is a big head of roach/chub.

we fished it back in june, the winner came from peg 9 catching roach in the margins with single maggot, it was very slow. I started late in the margins catching roach on caster, so my advise is keep up close to margin and target the roach, theres plenty in there.
    ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

cheers mate, could do with some up-to-date info tho as i know if you do get the carp going you can get a decent weight and it would be hard to keep up with just the roach.

Comment

We had a team match on there in the summer and 1 peg caught carp - think everyone had a look for them, but everyone ended up fishing for the roach / chub... forget the carp mate unless you hook one on your roach rig then you might want to set it up a bit and see if there are a few in front of you - otherwise get your head down for the roach and have loads of bites.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

how would you target the roach???? do you think a margin rig top 2 would be the best for speed or would a long pole/shallow work?? was thinking about putting an additive on my maggots for a bit of an edge would i be able to do this as i know they are really funny about baits.

Comment

i used the top 3, white hydro but should have gone lighter and 2ft shallow just out from margins about 4ft spraying maggots, thats it.
            ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

Straight Mile Fishery - Advice PLs

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what this place is like, depth etc, never seen it before and got our last match there on sunday and need a good performance to tie up the league.

Whats the target weight, how big do the chub go etc? Also does anyone know the rules here, i've heard there are bait limits and bans

Comment

Working...
              X