Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

woodland view fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodland view fishery

hi ,
    could anyone tell me if i can use a feeder at woodland view fishery?
    it tells you about it on the web page,but ive just been up there and they told me i coudnt!!
    is this fishery just for competitions?
    do they not like the pleasure anglers!!!

I THINK you can use a blockend(with maggot)only. I stopped going a fair few years ago when the"fishery manager"decided to ban hair rigs,freelining(with ror & reel) and fishing without a float(for surface fishing) all this half hour after Mike had departed for one of his many trips to the states.I detest all bans(unless detrimental to the fish)but Woodlands is a bit of a joke,imo MOST comms are not well suited to pleasure anglers.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

go up the road mate to elmbridge, you can use pellet feeder, maggot feeders, but not method feeder, g/b banned. and its cheaper to fish. Elmbridge Fishery - Home

Comment

Went there and walked out after i was read the rules,lol.

On their site in the rules bit,it says meat cannot be cut smaller than 10mm then on the same site on a different page with advice on fishing the place,Andy Finlay says he cut his meat to 8mm with a bread punch.Doing this while going on about the rules every sentence.

I'm not knocking Andy Finlay but more so woodland views strict rules.

Comment

My vote is for Elmbridge better fish and more relaxed rules!
          The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
          [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

cheers for that!!! its good to know im not the only one!!!
            i went to have a look around woodland view today,and he said no feeder!!! and told me i could not walk around coz there was coms on!! but i did see one angler using a feeder!!!

Comment

Sounds like a good way to encourage new customers,NOT. take a look at cobhouse,never been myself(YET)but ive heard nothing but good reports.
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I looked at the rules and give it big swerve,

Moorlands down the road are good though, i go there with my 7 yr old, i use a groundbait feeder 9not methord), and he sits next to me on a float rod and they dont charge him.

The other week we went and it was pretty full of matches, so they said we could fish on there little speciman type pool, for the same price. I had a 20 pounder on me feeder rod with pellet, and he hooked a 16 pounder on double maggot and a 16 hook, which i landed for him.

Although i prefer the island pool there, as my lad catches all day on his float rod.

Comment

cheers for that mate!!
                  i will have to pop up there,and take my lad,hes only five but he loves it!!
                  i think im gonna give woodland view a miss!!!
                  i emailed them about some info,and told them what happened when i went to look around,but ive had no response,so its there loss!!!they wont be getting my money!!haha

Comment

same here lads went to woodlands cant fart without askin permision elmbridge for me as well
                    [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

haha vidas
                      Thats is pi woodland to a t
                      The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
                      [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

Your right,too many bloody rules here,cant weigh your fish,cant take photos which is annoying as my 6 year old daughter caught a big barbel which would have made a nice pic,and i had to pay full price for her!!! They only really want matches there. To be fair the fishing is good on the high pool when you can get on there!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X