Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

catfish? im interested, suggestions in doncaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catfish? im interested, suggestions in doncaster?

hey guys, i fancy goin for some cats but have absolutely no idea where to start. what sort of baits would i use? and is there anywhare around doncaster that holds any? cheers
    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
    Perch-3lb
    Tench-5 1/2lb
    Carp-15lb
    Barbel-10 1/2lb
    Chub 5 1/4lb
    Roach 1 1/2lb
    Rudd 2lb
    Bream 6 1/2lb

Sorry mate,cant help with venues up your way,as far as baits go,livebaits,deadbaits,luncheon meat,boillies,pellets,squid,liver,chorizo,worms,ha ir rigged fish chunks,leeches(£6.00 each) etc the list is almost endless.youve not picked the best time to make a start,catfish feeding is very much dictated by water temperature,not saying its a no hoper now but thing will become more difficult till about May next year,but if your interested go on the ccg website and browse through the threads,theres plenty of info to be gained,if i can be of any help regarding tackle/rigs just ask.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds2k7 View Post
      hey guys, i fancy goin for some cats but have absolutely no idea where to start. what sort of baits would i use? and is there anywhare around doncaster that holds any? cheers
      im sure stubbs hall has got cats in mate im not 100% but im almost certain they have.

Comment

my bro has done alot of catting i havent gotta a clue where you can go around your area but one thing i do know they are a summer or warm weather feeder you will prob have no chance catching one now as its gone too cold. Bait wise big halibut pellets, whole tins of meat and polyball rigs with live baits. shatterford nr kidderminster have big cats so does anglers paradise.

or if you wiat till next year from around march go to spain, river ebro and i think segrey . you will have a few from there. ctamaster tours is the one you want to check out. my bro and my dad had cats upto 190lb along with big carp
        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]www.astwoodbankac.co.uk[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

thanks for the help guys, il leave it until the summer then, oh and would a 3lb test curve carp rod with 30lb braid be ok?
          Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
          Perch-3lb
          Tench-5 1/2lb
          Carp-15lb
          Barbel-10 1/2lb
          Chub 5 1/4lb
          Roach 1 1/2lb
          Rudd 2lb
          Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds2k7 View Post
            thanks for the help guys, il leave it until the summer then, oh and would a 3lb test curve carp rod with 30lb braid be ok?
            In most circumstances it would be adequate,it would be able to land any english cat but it wont STOP a big cat in its tracks,wich is what you need sometimes. Regards Peter.

Comment

wel, lighter the tackle, more the enjoyment
              Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
              Perch-3lb
              Tench-5 1/2lb
              Carp-15lb
              Barbel-10 1/2lb
              Chub 5 1/4lb
              Roach 1 1/2lb
              Rudd 2lb
              Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Dont even think about it mate,when you hook one of these beasts you will need all the edge you can get,its a bit like hooking a barge on pole gear,as i said ,3lb test and 30lb braid will do the job most of the time,all im saying is if you decide to go for it big time,then 4LB tc and 65lb braid is where you should be looking,not trying to put you off in any way just trying to give you a bit of info.Regards Peter.

Comment

Think there's 1 in Hayfield!

Comment

stubbs hall farm wakefield road of the a1 but its a dump really let the place go down you could probably make a few quid collecting beer cans lol
                    nige cooke

Comment

haha i didnt mean fishing with a match rod and 4 lb line, i ment using what i said. but because its lighter than what you recomend, should be fun. and yea i think they got the one out of hayfield though
                      Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                      Perch-3lb
                      Tench-5 1/2lb
                      Carp-15lb
                      Barbel-10 1/2lb
                      Chub 5 1/4lb
                      Roach 1 1/2lb
                      Rudd 2lb
                      Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Working...